Super red juvy?

Covetous

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2016
Florida
Pardon me if I'm way off base, but I thought "super" before the color simply meant that it was bred to bring out an extreme color morph. And if that's the case, I feel like it would bevery hard to tell if it was a "super" Red Texas before it matures. I'm interested in seeing more educated members opinions on this.

Reactions: Flowerhorntx

Drab94

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2016
Louisiana
Id like to know as well.. Thats the name that was given to me for this little guy. Any info would be appreciated

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
Hes pretty. Some guy here crossed his Texas with his blood parrot and the ones that survived look really similar to his.

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
You might get super red Texas out of that cross you might not. It's really unpredictable. Think of how many different color patterns you see on amphs to begin with.
Through selective breeding I'm sure you help influence the outcome of a spawn but I'm sure that is more complicated than simply crossing a Texas with an amph. It more likely involves crossing crosses with crosses lol.

Reactions: islandguy11

Drab94

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2016
Louisiana
Thanks alot! Big help. he does have the stripes of a red terror though. I cant wait to see how he turns out. Hes so much smaller than everything in my tank but he has alot of attitude so he just hangs with them

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
I have no idea. It looks kind of short body though.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store