Super red juvy?

Circa4190

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 15, 2009
Carmel, Indiana
This is my Red Texas at about 5".

This is him the first day he was home.

I'm not sure what he will turn out to be here in about a year or so. His reds are super vibrant and dark, and pearling is gorgeous. I love this fish.

Reactions: Drab94

the animal guy

Arapaima
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2009
Reactions: J. H. and adnan

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
RT, SRT, whatever, there is no definitive definition of the term/terms. Most people that use the term SRT are only fooling themselves, the vast majority shown on MFK are RT. Nothing "super" about them, including the ones shown in this discussion. Go to Thailand and view some SRT in person, then you can appreciate what super means. Color/pearls/shape/size, all dictate what is super, and what isn't. But I guess people can call their fish whatever they want.

As far as the OP's fish, it's a hybrid of unknown origin, and having said that RT fits just as well as FH.

I could post pics of my last RT, he was nicer than most that one will see on MFK, and a solid 11" male, but still not what most in the know would define as super. But really, who cares? If you are happy with your fish call it whatever you feel like.

the animal guy

Arapaima
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2009
RT, SRT, whatever, there is no definitive definition of the term/terms. Most people that use the term SRT are only fooling themselves, the vast majority shown on MFK are RT. Nothing "super" about them, including the ones shown in this discussion. Go to Thailand and view some SRT in person, then you can appreciate what super means. Color/pearls/shape/size, all dictate what is super, and what isn't. But I guess people can call their fish whatever they want.

As far as the OP's fish, it's a hybrid of unknown origin, and having said that RT fits just as well as FH.

I could post pics of my last RT, he was nicer than most that one will see on MFK, and a solid 11" male, but still not what most in the know would define as super. But really, who cares? If you are happy with your fish call it whatever you feel like.

You Never had a red Texas nor have you ever seen any red one in person in Thailand. All you seen are videos and pictures. 。always Talking like you roll with the best of them all the time.
Stop lying man

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
You Never had a red Texas nor have you ever seen any red one in person in Thailand. All you seen are videos and pictures. 。always Talking like you roll with the best of them all the time.
Stop lying man
Based on what info?

Reactions: Ruturaj
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store