SWG- The Blue Eye Rescue....

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
Actually, the eyes are looking better even though the wounds and fins are much worse. You have given him a chance.

While I don't know the circumstances and maybe there are extenuating ones here, I am not quite sure how an individual lets this get this far with a specimen like this - for heavens sake put it in the sump or go out and buy even a 10 dollar hospital tank.

Anyway, I hope you are successful.
You just beat my post by a few seconds

UnstoppableJayD

MFK NNJ
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2012
Northern NJ
Thanks Guys... but lets not focus on the old owner... he did what he could and tried to move the fish as quickly as possible.... in his defense the 2 got a long for a long time before this happened.... Day 2 and he seems ok.. hiding so i cant get a good looking at his wounds but as we all know a hiding pleco is happier then one that is out and shouldn't be.

IMG_2918.JPG

Reactions: Justin Holland

UnstoppableJayD

MFK NNJ
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2012
Northern NJ
That's the worst I have seen on a pleco of this caliber. Hope he pulls all the way through. Crazy how the eyes came back out.
Thats when i knew we had a shot!

JasonsPlecosCichlids

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2010
Kentucky
jasonsplecoscichlids.com
Thats when i knew we had a shot!
Wish I got that lucky with my Orange Cheek :) His odontoides are nice. Mine looked like that when I got him, but they as they fell out, new ones came in and were more brown.

UnstoppableJayD

MFK NNJ
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2012
Northern NJ
Good save, have you seen it eat yet?
No - but it was on some wood tonight- I will throw some algae wafers in tonight at lights out- and plan on picking up zucchini tomorrow

Reactions: Fatlungy
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store