Tanganyika biotope monster tank 1800gal

Akvasik

Exodon
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2020
Amazing tank, how many trets you got in there and how is the aggression.
not sure about the trets , but there is no much aggression, same time you can see them fighting, but it is local one time fight that ends in few minutes, no bully.

Reactions: tangkid

Lucas&kim

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 7, 2016
Nice tank I've been watching the progress over the last couple years. I definitely like it better without the frontosa. I'm curious why the water is always cloudy?

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Southern California (San Diego)
Little late, but I just remembered this tank. Absolutely beautiful! How many frontosa do you have in the group?

ken31cay

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2022
Cayman Islands
:) well same people spend money on a good car, another ones on a good tank:)...
Exactly:) But now I'm feeling like I really want a bigger tank.

ken31cay

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2022
Cayman Islands
or maybe you should find a job:evil_lol:
Now, now...:)
A Akvasik , THAT IS FREAKING RIDICULOUS. U are getting a almost 20k tank, and I am trying to find ways to split the cash for my 55 gallon tank. MY LIMIT FOR ANY TANK IS $430. Maybe I should save up....?
And I thought I'd never want a tank larger that my 450gal when I ordered it. Lately more and more I'm thinking about a 600gal or a 750 gal. Where does it end lol? But tbh, I think my 450gal fits well in my living room and anything larger would look out of place, not to mention the increased maintenance to keep it looking beautiful. Looking at the tank in this thread makes me think about ordering a really huge tank and then building a room around it:) But I think I need to be satisfied with my current tanks. For the time being at least.

Reactions: The Masked Shadow

ken31cay

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2022
Cayman Islands
So what made you decide to use such a large sized tank for over all decidedly small fish?

Don't get me wrong, I think it's brilliant! I love huge tanks with an actual "slice" of nature. Most would just cram that size tank full of random monsters. Bare tank and sad fish.
Exactly. I think the tank is set like an actual slice of the lake. Excellent.

ken31cay

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2022
Cayman Islands
:) this how i like it, small fish on a huge tank, "slice" of nature:)))) when i see dozen of frontosas in 180gal, i want to cry::(
Yes. Or a crammed peacocks/haps tank that looks like a feeder goldfish tank.

ken31cay

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2022
Cayman Islands
thanks man, i will add few more species , but not crazy, also i have fry's in other tanks, that will go in... NO FRONTOSA:(((((
So, no Frontosa will be added?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store