Tank Breeding Arowana

Divantie

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2011
Los Angeles
HAHA! WHAT A STUPID GUY , ASKING HOW TO BREED ARROWANA IN A TANK. IT'S ALMOST LIKE ASKING FOR THE WINNING NUMBER TO A UPCOMING LOTTO!

tomojsg

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 21, 2011
大韓民國 (서울) Korea
i think you should do more research and study about arowanas before attempting to breed arowanas.
there are a lot of information on forums on arowanas on the net not to mention many forums specializing in
just the species of arowanas...

HAHA! WHAT A STUPID GUY , ASKING HOW TO BREED ARROWANA IN A TANK. IT'S ALMOST LIKE ASKING FOR THE WINNING NUMBER TO A UPCOMING LOTTO!
whats wrong with asking how to breed arowanas in a tank? theres nothing wrong with it if you can properly meet each requirements that is needed
to breed arowanas and have proper knowledge of the species then why not try?... and FYI it is possible to breed arowanas in tanks & it has been
done before so do your homework before you start bashing & flaming others for there "supposedly stupid" questions when you dont know jack either.
if you ask me you look like the stupid one here not to mention a huge f*n douc**bag... people like you are the ones who limit the growth of our hobby
by discouraging new comers and beginners by intimidating them with your out right stupidity and arrogance...

richardhong

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2012
Australia
LOL his not stupid dude. Maybe you should look in the mirror first before you call someone else stupid.!!! Now you're the one that look STUPID!

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
Enough with the tank size! Tell me what size then in stead of just saying it. I'm here for advice not for big headed people!
This is really sad to see -- people who come onto MFK asking for advice (and most likely have never themselves contributed to another person's thread), then as soon as they get advice they don't like or want to hear, start jumping all over the people, when they're simply trying to help and give OP a reality check that will save them (and the poor fish) a lot of trouble down the road.

With an attitude like that you won't find many positively responding people here (or on any other forum for that matter).

Come on people what happened to monsterfishkeepers??? I used to read really good stuff on here years ago.

Where the old school guys at?
Lol, the old school guys will tell you the very same advice -- and if you have been reading MFK for so long I'm quite shocked you would hav even asked such a question to begin with -- breeding Arowana in a 4' tank, lol! (and why didn't you clarify in your OP you'll be putting themselves into something bigger later? All you mentioned was a 4' tank, so don't jump on others for your lack of info, just saying.

Have Arowana ever been bred in tanks before? Yes, but very, very rarely, it would be as one poster mentioned like winning the lottery.

Last edited:

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
This is really sad to see -- people who come onto MFK asking for advice (and most likely have never themselves contributed to another person's thread), then as soon as they get advice they don't like or want to hear, start jumping all over the people, when they're simply trying to help and give OP a reality check that will save them (and the poor fish) a lot of trouble down the road.

With an attitude like that you won't find many positively responding people here (or on any other forum for that matter).

Lol, the old school guys will tell you the very same advice -- and if you have been reading MFK for so long I'm quite shocked you would hav even asked such a question to begin with -- breeding Arowana in a 4' tank, lol! (and why didn't you clarify in your OP you'll be putting themselves into something bigger later? All you mentioned was a 4' tank, so don't jump on others for your lack of info, just saying.

Have Arowana ever been bred in tanks before? Yes, but very, very rarely, it would be as one poster mentioned like winning the lottery.
Lol I just noticed my quoted post was from 2012!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store