Tank Capacity 120 Gallon

Joshua75

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2018
I am fairly new to keeping big fish. I tried oscars but they wouldn't stop fighting. Got an ornate bichir that I think is awesome. Wanted some tank mates for him. So for my 120 gallon I've got the ornate, three tinfoil barbs, one blood parrot, and one severum.

How close do you think I am on tank capacity? Should I take something out? Could I get away with one more severum? Or am I going to be buying an even bigger tank anyway just for the bichir.

Thanks for any info!

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I am fairly new to keeping big fish. I tried oscars but they wouldn't stop fighting. Got an ornate bichir that I think is awesome. Wanted some tank mates for him. So for my 120 gallon I've got the ornate, three tinfoil barbs, one blood parrot, and one severum.

How close do you think I am on tank capacity? Should I take something out? Could I get away with one more severum? Or am I going to be buying an even bigger tank anyway just for the bichir.

Thanks for any info!
Welcome aboard

I suggest a couple more Bichir personally and hold on adding anything else. Make sure you check your water parameters. You want to know if your filter can handle the bioload.

Joshua75

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2018
Welcome aboard

I suggest a couple more Bichir personally and hold on adding anything else. Make sure you check your water parameters. You want to know if your filter can handle the bioload.
I do love the bichirs. :) Thank you!

Reactions: tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store