Tank mates for silver arowana

Beannose

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2021
I've got a 4foot by 3foot tank with a silver arowana about 10 inch maybe a little more and a black ghost knife fish about 11inch and a common pleco I'd like some fish to stir up my sand substrate alittle more but obviously can't add Corydora as my arowana will eat them any ideas appreciated its a planted tank with rocks but with no additional co2 open to anything as I don't want to stick my hand in and rake it as it will stress my arowana and make him Jump

..puSkar..

Dovii
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2020
If you're planning for a 8footer keep the aro and grow it out , if not the tank you have is not enough.
Now for your question, you could add geophagus to stir up the sand

Beannose

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2021
If you're planning for a 8footer keep the aro and grow it out , if not the tank you have is not enough.
Now for your question, you could add geophagus to stir up the sand
Yeah the tank is only temp I'm looking at 7/8foot by 4/5foot as he will probably max out around 3 and would they be okay with the pleco and knife fish tho as the knife fish can be timid

..puSkar..

Dovii
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2020
Yeah yeah 8*4 is a good home.
Knifefish and plecos will also do well . As for other tank mates geophagus , severums can be good options as they get large enough not to be eaten, can hold their own and are not very aggressive eaters like maybe Oscars or pbass. As if you get the large tank and stock it with aggressive eaters then the knife will suffer for food.
And like please don't consider adding
in a bichir to the tank as some bite off the blackghost knives tail and common plecos tend to suck off the slime coat of bichirs.
Good luck.

Beannose

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2021
Yeah yeah 8*4 is a good home.
Knifefish and plecos will also do well . As for other tank mates geophagus , severums can be good options as they get large enough not to be eaten, can hold their own and are not very aggressive eaters like maybe Oscars or pbass. As if you get the large tank and stock it with aggressive eaters then the knife will suffer for food.
Good luck.
I'm aware of this I just want a fish that is nice to look at not going to bully either of the others and that will stir my substrate so I don't have to intervene is the geophagus peaceful ?

..puSkar..

Dovii
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2020
I'm aware of this I just want a fish that is nice to look at not going to bully either of the others and that will stir my substrate so I don't have to intervene is the geophagus peaceful ?
Not goldfish peaceful, but for a cichlid they're peaceful. If you get a group there may be Knicks but nothing serious. On a scale of aggression If jaguars are 9 , Oscars maybe 6-7 , then geophagus may be 2-3 depending on the species.

Beannose

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2021
Not goldfish peaceful, but for a cichlid they're peaceful. If you get a group there may be Knicks but nothing serious. On a scale of aggression If jaguars are 9 , Oscars maybe 6-7 , then geophagus may be 2-3 depending on the species.
Ah okay that makes sense I'll have a look into them thank you if u have any other ideas just let me know :)

..puSkar..

Dovii
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2020
You could go through this thread tho the arowana is an Asian one but still

Reactions: mattybecks
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store