Tentacled snakes! How many should I get?

Mount_Prion

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2012
center of the universe
Never trust a turtle with tankmates. There are a few exceptions, but most turtles will inevitably chomp on their tankmates.

Also, here's another good article on them.
ARGH why'd you have to link that awesome article?! It only makes me want them more. It's too bad because I really think the tank I've got set up for them would be perfect otherwise.

I wish my turtle were at least easier to feed if I have to worry about him like this! lol

Still though, the turtle is a baby right now and these snakes would be adults. He'd have to be pretty ballsy. But I suppose the tip of a tail looks a lot like a worm.

archers

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2012
canada
ARGH why'd you have to link that awesome article?! It only makes me want them more. It's too bad because I really think the tank I've got set up for them would be perfect otherwise.

I wish my turtle were at least easier to feed if I have to worry about him like this! lol

Still though, the turtle is a baby right now and these snakes would be adults. He'd have to be pretty ballsy. But I suppose the tip of a tail looks a lot like a worm.
Yea but they are a very camouflage snake, and if it doesnt work out send em up too me ;) id just add alot of branches hanging into the tank from the top almost like a thicket of them in one corner of the setup

Sent from my LT15a using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Wiggles92

Dovii
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2009
Pennsylvania
Yea but they are a very camouflage snake, and if it doesnt work out send em up too me ;) id just add alot of branches hanging into the tank from the top almost like a thicket of them in one corner of the setup

Sent from my LT15a using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
That would be a bad idea as they would use the branches to climb out & die.

Think of these snakes as eels that can climb rather than snakes that can swim.

Mount_Prion

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2012
center of the universe
They might find a way out still. From what I've read, they're very good at escaping even though they can't last more than a couple of hours out of water.
I read that too. I also read that they won't attempt much if they're comfortable in their environment. Anyway, I'll probably have to pass if they won't work with the turtle. Some day, though, imma breed me some.

Mount_Prion

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2012
center of the universe
IMO, I would ditch the turtle & get them.
Nah, I really really love my reimanni. He's crazy adorable and active and frankly a lot smarter than a snake, which is appealing in a pet.

And you wouldn't need a crazy tank setup to raise even a breeding colony of these guys, whereas I feel that my converted 220g is more needed in the life of a medium-sized turtle. And, of course, I'd prefer to do my best to keep what I've got, first.

Lastly, most women find turtles cuter than tentacled snakes. They probably already think I'm crazy when they see the tanks in my apartment, so I might as well not fill them with really scary stuff, haha. :naughty:

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

FishFreak95

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2009
New Mexico
Im not sure if this is just a coincidence, but after I suggested tentacled snakes on a thread, I see a few threads pop up about them. Lol.

Sent from my SPH-D600 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Reactions: Deadliestviper7
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store