The addiction has started (new pick ups)

thefredpit

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
United States
It's actually his normal color because he was that light in the tank in the shop and he had been in the shop for over two months. It's kind's funny because the guy that owns the shop is a fellow member of the cichlid club I'm in so I somewhat know him just through people. He told me two months ago when I bought my first one that it was not even an hour later after I left the shop that someone came in with this lighter color one and traded it in because they were breaking down some tanks. So kind'a cool that both my Poly's have that in common where one left the shop with me and the other came in the same day, and now I have that one as well :)

I just didn't realize exactly how light he was till I put him in the tank next to my other one. It's funny watching them, they have been hanging out side by side every since I put him in. Blue will rub up and nudge the new one then that one will raise up on it's fins. Really interesting watching the interaction between them.

Now that I have him (her?) in there I'll tryin snap a better pic or two of the new one.
what I meant by white tank treatment is if kept on light color substrate polys will lighten up in color to try and blend in. This is one thing that my LFS does wrong is they have white gravel in their tanks which makes their polys lighten up.

As far as sex if you take a picture of their anal fin we can easily sex them for you

Reactions: tlindsey

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
nice dels man. If you ever get bored of the bare tank try adding some black sand or red garnet it will help darken them up

Reactions: magpie and Steve_C

Steve_C

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2017
Royal Oak, Michigan
www.midwestcustomflyrods.com
nice dels man. If you ever get bored of the bare tank try adding some black sand or red garnet it will help darken them up
Thanks, I'm really enjoying them. I actually am not a fan of bare bottom tanks so that's just the holding tank for them till the project I'm working on for them is done. I picked up a pair of 120g 4x2x2's a few months ago that were on a stand that held them on top of each other. I decided to redo it and build the tanks side by side and going to be doing Poly's in both the 120's now.

Just been working on finishing up the 3d background for the first of the tanks then I'll move these guys over into that tank so I can do the same thing to the tank they are in. Once I'm done both tanks will have the 3d background and then I plan to use a medium tan color PFS. Just picked up some manzanita branches the other day and plan to tie some live plants to those and add a decent number of anubias and java fern to the tank as well so they will have a really nice natural looking home. Hope to have both the tanks done for them with in about 3-4 weeks if all goes as planned.

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
That's a dominance thing that blue was doing. Bottom poly is the dominant poly. So blue was going to show new guy hey I'm the boss but new guy didn't just allow it. Just watch for agression from either one.

Reactions: Steve_C

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
I'd say blue is a girl and charlie is most likely a boy
I'd say you are correct but my delz didn't start "showing" until they had been 8-9" for about 6 months. I thought both mine were girls and so did other members here in early summer. It's clear now that they are both boys.

Reactions: magpie
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store