The addiction has started (new pick ups)

thefredpit

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
United States
yeah I really like plays on names like my whiptail named Indiana Jones, my royal named King Ralph, my L196 which is P. lituratus that I named The Librarian, Then you have my fire eels named Pompeii and Nero.

Steve_C

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2017
Royal Oak, Michigan
www.midwestcustomflyrods.com
The little 3" Senegals are really feeding well. I'll put about a dozen 1mm NLS pellets in the tank and they chow down and you can see their little bellies packed full and lumpy looking after they are done. I'm feeding them twice a day and changing 75% wc every other day to try to get them to put on size quickly. At what size do you guys start giving them meaty foods?

thefredpit

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
United States
I feed tilapia from day 1. I throw the tilapia into a food processor it clumps together but they can easily pull off a piece. Even my 3x elephant nose have been taking small pieces and their mouth is so small that unless you look real close you wouldn't realize their mouth is above their trunk

Reactions: Steve_C

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!

I swear you can almost watch these little guys grow every single day. Look how much thicker he is just since 6 days ago.
They grow or can grow quick at first. Temp, clean water, good food and you'll get the most out of them the quickest. You probably see 60 to 75% of their adult size within a year.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store