The big move

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
Where did you move to?
I moved to Chatham to be closer with my wife’s family. We are still looking into buying a place here, but haven’t found the right one yet.

shoot, I just realized I drove right by you and didn’t give you a shout. My bad.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lepisosteus

Nilsafeller

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2018
High river Alberta Canada
Damn brother tough luck... but bad today.. better tommorow.
I had one case of ich... used a med called nox-ich... probably the same type of stuff your useing I dont know... but worked a mericle for me.
Hope things get better!
Keep everyone posted... wanna see these bad boys up and running

Reactions: Matteus

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
Thank you all for the encouragement and well wishes.

update is I am losing fish on average 1-2 per day at current. Pulled one of the sae and a silver dollar today. Some of the fish have big ulcers, lesions on their bodies. One even los it’s entire tail and is losing more, I expect to lose between 2-4 tomorrow judging from behaviours and body markings.

it makes me sick to my stomach almost to the point of quitting the hobby, to think this is all my fault. They aren’t just dying, they are suffering terribly and wasting away before my eyes.

I have been doing 25% wc and re dosing with salt every day. Yesterday I started with malachite green, and today I added bifuran because of the ulcers. Now the tank looks green because one turns the water blue and the other turns it yellow. 011C0993-C6A2-4968-9F72-327367587A1E.jpeg9C0C2E3C-D132-47A1-BABD-80342892DA3B.jpeg0F32AE43-6296-4A6E-866A-DF2919040A6C.jpegCC27BC3A-E875-4DE4-AC94-C25DDCAE275B.jpeg

Gpdriftwood

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2017
Thank you all for the encouragement and well wishes.

update is I am losing fish on average 1-2 per day at current. Pulled one of the sae and a silver dollar today. Some of the fish have big ulcers, lesions on their bodies. One even los it’s entire tail and is losing more, I expect to lose between 2-4 tomorrow judging from behaviours and body markings.

it makes me sick to my stomach almost to the point of quitting the hobby, to think this is all my fault. They aren’t just dying, they are suffering terribly and wasting away before my eyes.

I have been doing 25% wc and re dosing with salt every day. Yesterday I started with malachite green, and today I added bifuran because of the ulcers. Now the tank looks green because one turns the water blue and the other turns it yellow. View attachment 1436888View attachment 1436889View attachment 1436890View attachment 1436891
Wow. Glad your move was safe. Sorry about the hardships with your fish man!

Niki_up

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2018
Sorry to hear about the bad news, hopefully you reach the turning point soon.
Don’t beat yourself Up too much, no one can predict these things. Your doing the best you can. It’s not easy when your somewhere new, not settled, and have probably a million things you need to accomplish a day. Just hang in there!
The scenery is beautiful, hopefully you are in for a milder winter instead of these Alberta winters.

FJB

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
That was an epic move!
I am sorry for the problems and current issues, but considering the magnitude of the undertaking, you prepared and carried it out very well. Most wouldn't have come even close.
The ick is definitely not good news. Yes, silver dollars are very tough to most things, but they do get taken badly by ick. Hopefully the temp and malachite will do the trick.
Good luck and thanks for sharing.

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
This isn’t ick anymore. Bacterial and fungus infection. Earlier pic looks like columnaris.
Oh dang. How do we treat that? Or do we just grab on to our ankles and kiss them goodbye? Will that affect future fish if they don’t make it?

FJB

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
The ick was early the main issue earlier, but continues in full. The gills are probably filled up. Of course the external secondary infections are now the greatest problem.
I will up water changes to at least 50% daily (replacing medicine in use) until (hopefully) things begin to improve for some fish. The goal being to eliminate continued re-inoculation; the lower bacterial/viral/fungal presence the better.
Very nasty infections, but ick is still playing in there, further debilitating the fish, specifically affecting gas exchange.
Good luck!

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
The ick was early the main issue earlier, but continues in full. The gills are probably filled up. Of course the external secondary infections are now the greatest problem.
I will up water changes to at least 50% daily (replacing medicine in use) until (hopefully) things begin to improve for some fish. The goal being to eliminate continued re-inoculation; the lower bacterial/viral/fungal presence the better.
Very nasty infections, but ick is still playing in there, further debilitating the fish, specifically affecting gas exchange.
Good luck!
I can up the wc to 50%, but unfortunately there is no more bifuran left, only 2 more days worth of malechite green. And that is all there is. No more in stores and my old connections to medications are all gone now. If the medicine I currently have is not enough I’m sol.

Reactions: Arraiza01
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store