The insanity continues... My 345 SA/CA re-build thread

PDRed302

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2011
Fort Worth Texas
My last oscar I had for 10 years and I haven't been able to buy another one since. That was 20 years ago. I see them and have thought many times how it would fit my tank and I should take one home I just haven't. Not sure why really but just "unable to pull the trigger".

Your tank looks great I like all the different fish in there. I am really interested in seeing your planted lid come in to being. What plants do you have a plan for or do you have a plant plan?

I'm a poly guy so I like the little sen too. My tank is mostly polys. I'm looking for some dithers also probably going to go with congo tetras. I was thinking a group of 8 2 males 6 females. I also like the Buenos Aires tetras and Columbian tetras when in a group.
Thank you for the compliment, as far as plants up top go, I'm going to try to keep it simple:

The large areas will house Pothos, Philodendron and maybe a Peace Lily or two. The small hanging pots will probably be relegated to smaller flowering plants and spices (not sure which ones yet).

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
I love this tank. Great job it looks very natural/peaceful

Reactions: PDRed302

PDRed302

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2011
Fort Worth Texas
I love this tank. Great job it looks very natural/peaceful
Thank you :)

Both are beautiful and female. Males have a much more intense worming around the muzzle/cheek area. They are glowing for rotkeil's! Excellent sevs
Thank you for the conformation and the compliment ;)

Reactions: JK47

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
I like this new tank, but man, I'm gonna be missing your last set up!

Reactions: PDRed302

PDRed302

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2011
Fort Worth Texas
I like this new tank, but man, I'm gonna be missing your last set up!
Appreciate it!

...yeah, I feel ya, I kind of miss it myself. I still have the large faux stones in my shop and plan on utilizing them at one point; it'l just have to be on another tank :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store