The Journey Begins..Oscars Growing Out

triggered

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 10, 2012
australia
Wow had no idea! Wonder why it would be banned?
Would be a banned substance in the ingredients...all the good stuff is illegal or extremely rare = $$$$ in Aus. Have some of the strictist quarantine in the world.
Alot of it is justified to protect the local fauna and flora.?.... alot of it is bullshit too tho imo ☹

Reactions: FINWIN

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
Antibiotics are banned in Canada now as well, unless one has a script from a vet. This goes for medicated feed as well - same as in AU.

• Sad
Reactions: triggered

Wietze Bron

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 16, 2017
Do you have a recent picture of the lemon ? I was wondering if it still is yellow.
I also had lemons. They became orange later on. Might be the food (Aquatic Nature).
But I also doubt wether adult lemons really exist. Someone who knows ?

triggered

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 10, 2012
australia
Do you have a recent picture of the lemon ? I was wondering if it still is yellow.
I also had lemons. They became orange later on. Might be the food (Aquatic Nature).
It is still very pale.. more of an apricot colour but still only small in size... it wasnt actually labelled or sold as an lemon oscar but it certainly looked as close as any I've see labelled and sold as lemons... time will tell i guess...they certainly do exist as i have see pictures online and on here.

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
Oddball Oddball had some nice lemon oscars years ago. The pics might still be up if one uses the search function?

FINWIN

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
Yeah, foods that enhance red color will definitely change a yellow/gold colored fish to an orange one...buddy of mine had gold colored parrots that got fairly orange once fed "color" pellets.

triggered

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 10, 2012
australia
Tank rescape.. added some more sand, added some more driftwood, have added a few banana lillies, a type of anubias plant and hid the heaters behind driftwood. Os dont seem to care any but the new added firemouths seem to live exploring and swimming in and around driftwoods, plants etc...20190923_221246.jpg

Rocksor

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego
Tank rescape.. added some more sand, added some more driftwood, have added a few banana lillies, a type of anubias plant and hid the heaters behind driftwood. Os dont seem to care any but the new added firemouths seem to live exploring and swimming in and around driftwoods, plants etc...View attachment 1389211
Don't bury the roots of the anubias (on the left). I've had better health with the roots exposed to the water column than sand (playsand).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store