The Meanist Cichlid?

scottchristian

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2005
las vegas, NV
i have an oscar that is agro a little bit. by nature it would be my jag, but he is still small. hes about 4 in now. :)

Dmoney

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 27, 2006
nj
I had a convict that would kill anything i put in with him in a 40 gallon. I put him in my big tank and he still beat up fish that were twice his size.

inline4

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 10, 2005
i don't know about you guys but nothing can stop my trio of little 2 inch brichardis.. lol and they're multiplying! they don't call em chain saws with teeth for nothing. my biggest fish (8 inch severum) won't even go near em. although they do like fighting with my pike cichlid, she's about 7 inches right now and fights back.. one day she will eat them, and that's fine with me.

lgcichlids

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 28, 2005
alabama
My butter was.....first pic....but this pic was about 2 years ago...this same red devil I think has a genetic disorder....and is now 15 inches and almost killed the same butter one night...so, they are seperated now.....

Decoder

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2006
Turkey
Actually i have never had any american except firemouth and convicts but they all seem to be bulky fish compared to athletic buttikoferi. However im not including dovii and jaguar here. These guys seem designed as real predators. But considering the full grown sizes i would go for a dovii against the mighty butti.

marcos

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2006
n/a
I only own one dovii hes about 5 inches and hes in with 4 butti about 3-4 inches and he ownes them not saying they are weak fish they are the only ones he hasn't killed they are very tough fish the dovii is just much meaner

CichlidKid

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2006
Connecticut
ramman said:
ounce for ounce the convict wins in a landslide,,,,imagine a convict that was 8 to 10 inches,,,,what cichlid would take him ?????

I agree with that convicts after breeding are especially nasty nates.
It all has to do with how you keep your fish, a solitary Oscar can be nasty, or it can be a puppy dog if kept with other fish. Same goes for allot of other Cichlids.
It's like training a boxer to fight, the conditions you give your fish will effect it's aggressiveness.

Dmoney

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 27, 2006
nj
an electric eel would own the electriv cat and anything else. but sticking to just cichlids i would say the meanest one i ever owned was a convict. he was pound for pound the toughest fish ive seen.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store