"The Mega Megalodoras race, who will Irwinni?"

koltsixx

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2007
Bronx, NYC
nice fish kolt, he is a stunner! feel free to delete them i will get a decent pic this weekend mate and a confirmed size too...

i actually used the search button to find a few people with irwini then pm'd them, bit sneaky but worked well with your name dropped hahaha!-) alot turned up of their own accord too tho...
Thanks, that was him though before the Centro beat him to heck, he just started eating again. I'd rather have one with the same coloration as yours though. No worries when you get a pic just let me know and I'll post it up for you as well as the definitive size.

Lol! Sneaky indeed! :grinno: Trust me though it wasn't dropping my name that got people into this thread it was definitely you researching and then reaching out, very cool on your part. Man I wish I could enter the Iriwini Masher as a ringer, I'd swear in the 23 days I've had him he's put on around at very least 1/2 inch. The little shredder loves his Kens krill pellets.
Centrodoras Brachiatus_8284#2.JPG

Thanks Kolt,got a few more shots..I moved their tiles that they love to hide behind so the bigger one moved around a bit.....

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
It's amazing just how massive they look as they put on even a little bit of size, at 12 inches your pair are supa thick.

A growth spurt they had. They were devouring pellets like there was no tomorrow. Eyeballing them in my pond, they are hardly a foot. I have to have patience. It's a virtue.
Very sweet, so they put on almost another 2" in 4 months, not bad at all. Patience definitely as it can change perceptions making the intolerable tolerable and reinforce our will so may reach are goals. So whose going to join the race? The 4 in the pond or are you going to give the 4" a chance to redeem himself? He maybe a late bloomer after all.

Sure, I'm in.

Very cool, I'll put you down as 7-8 inches for now and if you want I can add a definitive size later, just pm me or leave the info. here and I'll move it to the first post. That goes for pics too if you want to use a different one for the starting pic just let me know.

I've had my Raphael for 10 years lol, he's probably around 7-8". Never really measured him at all.... He's only been moved 3-4 times in 10 years lol

The irwini was about 4-5" when I got him originally. His growth took off once I moved him to the 600 from 240 about 4 years ago

Man he doesn't look like he's only 8" he looks massive. How big was the Irwini when you put him in the 600 and how long did it take that bad boy to get to 18 inches?

Centrodoras Brachiatus_8284#2.JPG

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
Yours has a great colour dude, gotta love that silver! Has a nicer shape too... surprising the variation already apparent in this thread, going great. i will get a measure tonight promise!-)

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
right, thought that would be easy, soaked my shirt, got spiked by a pectoral and moved every rock... quick little mofo!-) my estimate was right, 9 inch irwini confirmed!

DSC_0811.JPGDSC_0812.JPGDSC_0813.JPG

DSC_0811.JPG

DSC_0812.JPG

DSC_0813.JPG

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
Kolt that Iriwini Masher is hot mate, how big is he?

koltsixx

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2007
Bronx, NYC
Yours has a great colour dude, gotta love that silver! Has a nicer shape too... surprising the variation already apparent in this thread, going great. i will get a measure tonight promise!-)

right, thought that would be easy, soaked my shirt, got spiked by a pectoral and moved every rock... quick little mofo!-) my estimate was right, 9 inch irwini confirmed!

View attachment 1017798View attachment 1017799View attachment 1017800

Kolt that Iriwini Masher is hot mate, how big is he?
Thanks man! I agree there seems to be small differences between each of the Irwinis.

Lol! Yeah Irwinis ca be a pain to catch, first they go rigid making it hard to get the net under them then as soon as you do they turn into liquid lightning. So do you want me to use one of these pics for the first post? Or are you going to try and get another in tank pic?

The Centro(Irwini Masher) is around 10 inches right now. I have a feeling despite having a smaller max size then the Irwini he's going to hit the max a lot faster. I was going to post a vid of him and his tankmates a little later, check it out.

By the way again I'm inviting people to feel free to join the race. I've changed the first post naming the first 3 competitors so far, the only reason I haven't named anyone else is because no one else has given me a definitive answer if they want too join.

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
... So whose going to join the race? The 4 in the pond or are you going to give the 4" a chance to redeem himself? He maybe a late bloomer after all.
I don't think the 4" one was still there last time I snooped and snorkeled around. Yeah, you can enter the bigger 4.

koltsixx

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2007
Bronx, NYC
I don't think the 4" one was still there last time I snooped and snorkeled around. Yeah, you can enter the bigger 4.
Think he might've succumbed to another pond inhabitant? As for the 4 I've entered them and made their starting size approx. 12 inches. Maybe we should give them names to differentiate between the 4 from now on? We could call them Moe, Larry, Curly and Shemp. :D

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
entre the centro dude!-) its an irwini no?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store