"The Mega Megalodoras race, who will Irwinni?"

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
fat man!-) you entering? brave holding him like that too, i got spiked!

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Think he might've succumbed to another pond inhabitant? As for the 4 I've entered them and made their starting size approx. 12 inches. Maybe we should give them names to differentiate between the 4 from now on? We could call them Moe, Larry, Curly and Shemp. :D
Yes or smth else. The pond is not the easiest to search.

Yeah, we can call them all you want but I cannot tell them apart at this moment :) It's not like they are in a tank behind glass :)

Justin, not only centro is not an irwini, it is even from a different genus.

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
ah, he keeps calling it irwini... i did notice it wasnt in the same family on pcf!-)

found it, i see kolt is already a registered keeper there along with one other!! must be uber rare!

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
No, he does not :) Kolt knows better :) I think you are confused. Kolt has both... and the centro recently had done evil things to his irwini so he had to separate them.

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
oh yeah mis read irwini masher as in masheeeear irwini and not potatoe masher irwini if you get me lol

koltsixx

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2007
Bronx, NYC
Here is mine 2 pieces @ 12"

View attachment 1017953

Sent from my C6606 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Wow Justarn's right that is a fatty, very nice! So you're officially entering 2 at 12"?

Yes or smth else. The pond is not the easiest to search.

Yeah, we can call them all you want but I cannot tell them apart at this moment :) It's not like they are in a tank behind glass :)

Justin, not only centro is not an irwini, it is even from a different genus.
Lol! Yeah I just thought it'd be a fun way to differentiate the winner from your group of 4 as a stooge name, I can be corny at times; or should I say more oft then not. Have any started surfacing for feedings? My Centro's started doing what my Trachy's did just before they started surfacing for feedings, which is making his way up the glass to get the pellets as they fall.

By the way sorry for creating confusion and thanks for clearing up my mess I made using a poor misnomer for the Centro.

oh yeah mis read irwini masher as in masheeeear irwini and not potatoe masher irwini if you get me lol
Sorry J for the confusion, I should've better expressed myself in my post. As TBTB said the Centro isn't even in the same Genus. They are in the same family though Doradidae hence them sharing with the Mega the nuchal shield and the thorny scutes along the lateral line.

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
my wyckii beat mine up pretty bad after the pic, he is ok but has torn fins!!! i had to push the wyckii away with the net at which point he bit the net... sod!

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Oh, Justin, my fault. Looks like I was the one confused as only now I've realized you are referring to something called in the foregoing an irwini masher, which I have not even made an effort to understand what that was. Now I do - that's because centro beating up Kolt's irwini.

... i had to push the wyckii away with the net at which point he bit the net... sod!
That's a classic. They do it often with any foreign object in their territory, live or not, net or hand, etc.

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
lol, he often pulls on my siphon when near his cave and used to attack the magnet cleaner before i got a hench one lol....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store