The most aggressive fish i have ever seen.

robham7770

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2014
mobile
aggressiveness and predation are different things rob...
That is what I have been saying during this entire thread, but many don't seem to understand the distinction. I have 15 tanks and quite a few fish, so when I said this Midas was aggressive I did not mean he likes to eat feeders. He is much nastier than my dovii, jag (rip), oscar, or any other fish I have had. Otherwise I would have titled the thread nice midas pick up.

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
that is one of the most aggressive cichlid fish videos ive seen, defo the most blood from multiple cichlid bites lol... to be fair you was tormenting him though! my midas are spawning atm and i wouldnt put my hand anywhere near em, your either brave or silly keep putting your hand in haha!-)

KNH

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2005
OH...IO
May just be sematics, but territoriality is how I would qualify aggressiveness. A typical male betta is one of the most aggressive fish on the planet, but because of its size, most people would say otherwise.My lfs sells alligator gar for $20, in a year I could have one that eats my midas, dovii, or pretty much any other fish I could get, but in the mean time that foot long gar would be hard pressed to survive their aggression.
Territorial is guarding/protecting a certain area, predation is one fish eating another for food, and aggression is a nasty attitude regardless. Not to take anything away from your fish but if he was placed in a larger tank he would definitely calm down.

Castlk

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2013
Long Island, New York
That fish needs to be in a much larger tank with out a doubt. I think he feels threatened in such a small tank with nowhere to go when you put anything in there. I agree with KNH 100%

samarth raipal

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2013
india
My Mayan is almost that size 11inch. It 24hr try to brake the divider.its very aggressive.nothing can be kept with it.it also same case .shopkeaper wanted to get rid of it and paid a decent amount

Sent from my Micromax A110 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store