The Official Boxing Thread

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Manny Paquiao was outpointed by Yordenas Ugas in their fight last night.Perhaps Pac should have waited until Erol Spence Jr. was cleared to fight rather than take on the substituting Ugas.I can't remember the last time a late fill-in stepped in and beat the marquee fighter.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Manny Paquiao was outpointed by Yordenas Ugas in their fight last night.Perhaps Pac should have waited until Erol Spence Jr. was cleared to fight rather than take on the substituting Ugas.I can't remember the last time a late fill-in stepped in and beat the marquee fighter.
Manny Paquiao should retire.

Reactions: esoxlucius

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
I don't understand the attraction for some of these guys coming out of semi/full retirement for a last money spinning yahoo that could indeed blemish their record forever. They don't even need the money, why do they do it? Floyd Moneyweather is another one. He is in serious danger of wrecking the best record in boxing history by being constantly tempted by offers from younger guys, who will eventually dust his arse. Our Joe Calzaghe had the right idea. 46 fights, 46 wins, retire a legend and job jobbed.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Mayweather's legacy is safe as he has remained retired from real boxing,nowadays he only takes on bullshit big money exhibition displays against mma fighters and youtubers....can't blame him for accepting insanely huge amounts of money for a night of sparring with a relatively safe opponent.

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Pantomime is a befitting word that springs to mind. You'd expect more from some of these true legends of what is regarded as one of the toughest sports on the planet. To me they're just making a mockery of their extremely hard earned legacy. Personally i'd choose the Calzaghe option if i'd retired with nearly a billion dollars in the bank!

But then again, how hypocritical am I. This is coming from a guy who booked the Mayweather v Colin Magregor fiasco, lol.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
.....was it worse than Mayweather's fight against the youtube guy? I can't recall his name and I don't feel like looking it up!

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
I don't remember his name either, and i'm on the same page as you.....I ain't looking it up, lol, though I do recall the you tube fiasco ending in a draw, I think! Just shows you how forgettable these money making fiascos are.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store