The Official Boxing Thread

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Anyone watching the fury v wilder fight? I will be, though it starts 4am Sunday morning UK time. Looks like I'll be grumpy tomorrow getting up so early, lol.

Reactions: eon aquatics

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Anyone watching the fury v wilder fight? I will be, though it starts 4am Sunday morning UK time. Looks like I'll be grumpy tomorrow getting up so early, lol.
I'll catch the highlights after it is over.I don't pay extra for any cable programming and I don't know of any streaming sights that will show the fight.
It looks like things got a bit heated during the weigh in.Fury made some kind of remark about Wilder's daughter.

Reactions: eon aquatics

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
I'll catch the highlights after it is over.I don't pay extra for any cable programming and I don't know of any streaming sights that will show the fight.
It looks like things got a bit heated during the weigh in.Fury made some kind of remark about Wilder's daughter.
So they actually had a weigh in together? I heard the other day that both camps had mutually agreed to keep them apart because of the potential for aggro.

I'm not paying for the fight. I recently downloaded a football streaming app. Usually they're jittery, stop start stop start, but this one seems ok so far. An added bonus is that I can watch other sports on it too. That's how I was able to watch the Joshua v Usyk fight the other week.

So I'm setting my alarm for 4am to watch it.

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
DOH, DOH, DOH. I set my alarm for 4am for the boxing. Woke up at 6.30am!!! I must have been real tired to sleep through my alarm, lol.

Caught up on the result when I got up and by all accounts it was a great fight. I'm a little miffed to say the least.

Ogertron3000

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2017
Australia
DOH, DOH, DOH. I set my alarm for 4am for the boxing. Woke up at 6.30am!!! I must have been real tired to sleep through my alarm, lol.

Caught up on the result when I got up and by all accounts it was a great fight. I'm a little miffed to say the least.
it sounds like it was a truly great fight.

Maybe your wife read your post about being grumpy from the early wake up and switched the alarm off once you had nodded off as she decided a grumpy esox all Sunday was too much to deal with.......

Reactions: esoxlucius

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
it sounds like it was a truly great fight.

Maybe your wife read your post about being grumpy from the early wake up and switched the alarm off once you had nodded off as she decided a grumpy esox all Sunday was too much to deal with.......
You're putting ideas in my head now, lol. Was it indeed a conspiracy against me. Of course I'll approach this tricky matter with due diligence and diplomacy. I'll tentatively begin the conversation with, "hey love, there's this lad in Australia who reckons.........." Lol.

Reactions: Ogertron3000

Ogertron3000

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2017
Australia
You're putting ideas in my head now, lol. Was it indeed a conspiracy against me. Of course I'll approach this tricky matter with due diligence and diplomacy. I'll tentatively begin the conversation with, "hey love, there's this lad in Australia who reckons.........." Lol.
Man. Don’t get me involved in it. I don’t need an English lady angry at me. I have had my own wife in my ear all day as I spent all morning re doing my tank and having the audacity to listen to music I Like while doing it.

I’ve been checking out the highlights of this fight. Looked like an epic battle, lots of knockdowns and full on all th way to the end. And anyone who paid to watch it got their money’s worth for once. A bit disappointed at the end that Wilder was still holding a grudge and wouldn’t offer any congratulations to Fury. After 3 battles I would have thought they would have developed a grudging respect for each other.

Reactions: esoxlucius

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Man. Don’t get me involved in it. I don’t need an English lady angry at me. I have had my own wife in my ear all day as I spent all morning re doing my tank and having the audacity to listen to music I Like while doing it.

I’ve been checking out the highlights of this fight. Looked like an epic battle, lots of knockdowns and full on all th way to the end. And anyone who paid to watch it got their money’s worth for once. A bit disappointed at the end that Wilder was still holding a grudge and wouldn’t offer any congratulations to Fury. After 3 battles I would have thought they would have developed a grudging respect for each other.
I feel for you man. Some women eh? You do your own thing, ignoring your wife and daughter, whilst blasting out ABBA!! She's got some real front being angry with you!! Lol.

I'd have been even more miffed if I'd have ordered the boxing on sky box office, I think it was about £25, and then not woke up to watch it, lol. At least I didn't lose out financially, but even still, I'd have loved to have seen it.

• Haha
Reactions: Ogertron3000
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store