The team (my polys)

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016
I've never seen Soba nip anyone or even act like he'd even think about it! Well, maybe that will work... I hope it does for you. :)
Right?! He’s usually so mellow. Didn’t think he had it in him. Maybe the moke was being too clingy and in his spot.

Update: this morning Moke has a major finlet nip, some small frays in her tail, and one of her pec fins is torn in a few places. This is a complete 180. Only other poly that looks different is Pinky, who has a tiny scrape on the tip of a finlet.

Last edited:
Reactions: magpie

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016
Oh no. Someone else caught the crazy!?
Yeah. It’s definitely a odd situation. Sometimes they all hang out. Next hour, the moke is by herself and everybody else is on the opposite side of the tank.will keep you guys posted.

Alexkoj

Aimara
MFK Member
Sep 30, 2017
The Lion City
Yeah. It’s definitely a odd situation. Sometimes they all hang out. Next hour, the moke is by herself and everybody else is on the opposite side of the tank.will keep you guys posted.
in the same situation with my del, teug and polli. teug's gone nuts in the past few days and started nipping at the del (who happens to be the bulkiest of the three). teug's being ostracized by the other polys now. May have to separate the teug if it continues the fin-nipping.

do you happen to know whether teugs are aggressive by nature? it's not its first time nipping the fins of other polys.

Reactions: clm08k

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
My teug did the same thing. My moke and albino sen put him in his place and it seemed to stop. Now he keeps wanting to share space with the girls in the back of the tank and keeps getting kicked out by the moke with a split fin for his efforts. He is no quitter though. They will tolerate him near the lair just not in it. Have not seen any aggression from him since the albino went after him. Only aggression I see now is the moke and only if the teug or male dels try to go into girl camp. Only one that gets hurt is the Teug though.

Reactions: clm08k

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
My Teug was nippy at my Polli but only my Polli and it wasn't super bad - not grabbing and holding/shaking and she didn't do a ton of damage. It improved over time and I didn't change anything really.

twentyleagues twentyleagues now has my Teug so apparently that went away in the new environment.

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
My Teug was nippy at my Polli but only my Polli and it wasn't super bad - not grabbing and holding/shaking and she didn't do a ton of damage. It improved over time and I didn't change anything really.

twentyleagues twentyleagues now has my Teug so apparently that went away in the new environment.
Yup. Model citizen.

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016
My teug did the same thing. My moke and albino sen put him in his place and it seemed to stop. Now he keeps wanting to share space with the girls in the back of the tank and keeps getting kicked out by the moke with a split fin for his efforts. He is no quitter though. They will tolerate him near the lair just not in it. Have not seen any aggression from him since the albino went after him. Only aggression I see now is the moke and only if the teug or male dels try to go into girl camp. Only one that gets hurt is the Teug though.
Laughing about Lucifer repeatedly trying to break into the girls camp. No boys allowed. :) Of course he’s the one causing drama ahaha.

Reactions: twentyleagues

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016
Everyone seems pretty mellow so far. It’s day 6 and all polys appear to be getting along....and no weird behavior. Put some root tabs in and dosed with potassium. Algae is still there, but we will see how the plants do. Happy Turkey Day from me and the polys!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store