The team (my polys)

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
I also wouldn't bother with the new substrate for the plants, unless you're wanting a color change. Root tabs work fine. And then the water column fertilizer for each water change like Flourish.

I think you need to look at the minerals etc in your water to see what you're missing (sounds like potassium).

It takes a while to figure out what plants work for your water/light. Once you get your water / fertilizer schedule set, then the ones that die don't work. ;) Keep trying. Some will work better than others.

My fish are used to a densely planted tank with a lot of cover and much dimmer light due to the dense nature and the floating plants. I think they'll settle in more with your plans of bulking up decor/plants. Even more wood will help. You can then tie on anubias which are typically low maintenance and don't need to be in the substrate.

I tied a piece of my wood to the top of my tank so it did't cover the substrate but still provided cover - you could try something like that. You want to still be able to see the fish.

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
What happened with the Moke buyer? I thought it was all set up? Have you tried lowering the price? Would your LFS take her for store credit towards something else? I know you want to keep her but it sounds like that's not in the cards for you. :(

Slayer2533

Piranha
MFK Member
May 13, 2017
+1 no to plecos
I'm with you guys on this one. Pleco's generate way too much waste/bioload than they are worth. I currently have a gold spot maybe 10 -12 inches he was in my main setup until he decided sucking on any poly he could might be fun so needless to say he is now in another tank. In both setup's he pooped uncontrollably lol. Do not recommend. Nice looking fish not worth the trouble.

Reactions: clm08k

thefredpit

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
United States
In with my bichirs I have L027a Xingu Royal, L076 Orange Seam, L137 Bruno, L190 Royal, L196, L200 Green Phantom, L264 Sultan, Gold Spot, and Red Fin. Personally I love them(Obviously)

Reactions: clm08k
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store