The team (my polys)

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
It doesn't come with the moss. Moss isn't "low maintenance ". If you want mesh like that go to a craft store and get it for a tenth of the cost. Cross stitch mesh works the same. You can get suction cups at petsmart or petco for like 2.99 for 4.
Personally I think moss is a pain in the butt. It traps all kinds of debris. As it grows it sends runners out to attach to things if it can't find something it likes they break off and if you don't get it it's in your filter. I like the look of it I just don't have time for it.

Reactions: clm08k and magpie

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
Oh yeah unless you are really wanting to change out your substrate I'd not bother with either, with the root tab and potassium you'll be fine. I've seen huge planted tanks with pfs. You aren't keeping any of the super picky plants right? The fluorite is expensive and I'm guessing so is the eco complete. If you like the look and want to change up the look then by all means go ahead. If it's just for plants don't worry about it.

Reactions: clm08k and magpie

Jafar P Arab

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2017
Northridge ca
Water parameters:
Tank: last water change was 7 days ago. Not as bad as it was last time. That week I did 2 water changes though. Did take out a lot of the dead or dying plants and wasn’t feeding as much tilapia this week. Will have to post pics of the food amount next.
View attachment 1280486
Tank looks pretty bare, but at least everything is alive.

Pre water change:
View attachment 1280481

View attachment 1280483
Tank water on left, faucet water on right
View attachment 1280482
Faucet water stats.

Someone is digging up all the plants.

View attachment 1280487
View attachment 1280484
View attachment 1280485
Awesome

Jafar P Arab

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2017
Northridge ca
@chelseaea 1 cap per 50g is for normal usage as a treatment. Higher doses is temporary just in case of an emergency. If the ammonia or nitrats is always present at high levels. Then recommended to find out the cause.
Arent polys use to low level bad water is what i seen and hear thr habitat isnt the cleanest from Africa nile rivers etc

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
In terms of dirty water i think the polys natural habbitat is spotless. Dirty in my mind means bad water quality (ammonia/nitrates)

Reactions: clm08k and kno4te
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store