Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Reactions: islandguy11

dat_tiger

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2008
boston
While further research has led me to think 99% sure this is a NTT, I'm a bit surprised in over 40 views nobody with more knowledge has been able to confirm this -- is it some weird Datnoid lol? I certainly know he's not high class, only cost 500 Thb (~US$15), but I'm happy to have him nonetheless.
I’m surprised it’s that expensive considering it’s a local fish in Thailand. I was able to score some in the US this summer for $20 usd each.

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
I’m surprised it’s that expensive considering it’s a local fish in Thailand. I was able to score some in the US this summer for $20 usd each.
I really couldn't comment that much as I'm not an expert on Dat pricing (which seems to go up and down quite a bit depending on various market conditions) -- perhaps the shop you got yours from bought a substantial order; the shop I got mine from was a tiny LFS with only 2 in stock (and would have been offered at a cheaper price to a local Thai). At any rate I'm not a penny pincher when it comes to fish/aquarium stuff, imho this boisterous, pellet munching little guy is well worth a measly $15 :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store