Thinking about buying SRD flowerhorn

TexasRanger

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2021
Looks like white spot to me. The stress of been shipped and handled could of caused it. It could of already started befor hand as I'm not sure how long white spot takes to become visible after the fish is infected.

You can raise your temp and add salt that will help speed up the life cycle and make it easier to kill. But in his state I would consider medication if you have it or can get it.
this is itch ?

Caveden

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2020
Yes it is ick. kno4te kno4te , duanes duanes tlindsey tlindsey Deadeye Deadeye can help here, I’m terrible with fish disease control. The stress from the move of transportation probably caused the ick to fire up

Reactions: Magnus_Bane

Caveden

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2020
It looks like it has turned quite bad already, I suggest you quickly get ich X medication or any other medication with methylene blue to rid ick. I’ll let other chime in.

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee

TexasRanger

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2021
I drove an hours and an hours back just to get this product , I read it best on the market . My 75 gallon . I treat 1 table spoon for every 10 gallon . Turn the heat to 88-89F .

tkmorrow I will change 25-% water and doing another dose . For 3 -5 day

I contact Julie and after send her picture. She say turn the heat to 88 . But also blame on my tank say her fh don’t have itch before shipped . She did say before shipped that my flowerhorn is losing color . That why it on sale z My brand new tank from petmart and been water treat for 3 week . Get water sample to persmart and every thing look great . Anyway now I’m will have to treat him :(

64E86796-1424-4383-8A31-226B23E8E8E5.jpeg

Reactions: Magnus_Bane

Rocksor

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego
I drove an hours and an hours back just to get this product , I read it best on the market . My 75 gallon . I treat 1 table spoon for every 10 gallon . Turn the heat to 88-89F .

tkmorrow I will change 25-% water and doing another dose . For 3 -5 day

I contact Julie and after send her picture. She say turn the heat to 88 . But also blame on my tank say her fh don’t have itch before shipped . She did say before shipped that my flowerhorn is losing color . That why it on sale z My brand new tank from petmart and been water treat for 3 week . Get water sample to persmart and every thing look great . Anyway now I’m will have to treat him :(

View attachment 1485625
Increasing heat that high plus medications will reduce the oxygen content , and stress your fish further (make it more susceptible to secondary bacterial infection like columnaris).

Just use the medication. You can try again later with heat and medication if the medication is not enough to get rid of the ich within 2 weeks

Also when doing a water change, wait around 2-3 hours after using water conditioner to re-dose with medication.

from Hikari
NOTE: We do not recommend using any sulfur or sulfinite-based water conditioners with this product. If your normal water conditioner does not list the ingredients please verify with the maker that it does not contain these ingredients. If you notice any rotten egg smell to the product, it likely does have these ingredients and should be avoided as it could cause the product to be less effective and the dissolved oxygen levels to be negatively impacted.

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store