This is why dead loaches smell so bad

ChocolateCake123

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2018
A couple more thoughts about loaches as food fish: How much would fileted clown loaches cost? I imagine that the oil would make them a stronger fish, like shark or bass. They probably would not be recommended to someone who wants mild fish though; rather, being recommended to the seafood lover. I suspect we might see broiled/grilled clown loach fillets fairly often, although they probably wouldn't be good fried because they are already quite oily. I do not think we would see clown loach at a sushi bar; what with them being freshwater fish and all, there might be parasites. Smoked clown loach might be common, although, unlike smoked salmon, it would not be seen at Jewish delis because clown loaches do not have scales, and therefore are not kosher. We could also see cans of clown loach alongside the canned tuna. As for other loaches (yoyo, tiger, polka dot, etc), they would be very similar to sardines or anchovies in the sense that they are also relatively small oily fish. We might see tinned yoyo/polka dot loach fillets, smoked tiger loach "kippers", or maybe even canned whole kuhli loaches. Might they be cheap or expensive?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store