To good to be true?

xDestro

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2016
http://m.ebay.com/itm/x20-ASSORTED-...%3Ab7fb18fb15a0a6a8eeeaf00bfffc731a%7Ciid%3A1

This ebay seller is selling a 20 pack of assorted catfish, the list include Dorado shovelnose redtails, sturio and vulture cats.

Has anyone bought from this? And if so what did you get? Also would any of those species be worth more than what they're charging?

The fact that it's on ebay doesn't really scare me iv been told ebay is a decent place to buy from. I recently just made my first live fish purchase on ebay from wet spot tropicals so when I get it I'll know first hand.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
The we will try our best to have all mixed catfish would personally would be enough for me not to order but the WetSpot is a reputable vendor though.

xDestro

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2016
The we will try our best to have all mixed catfish would personally would be enough for me not to order but the WetSpot is a reputable vendor though.
I don't blame you on that, I messaged them asking if they could garentee I get at least a couple choices so I'm just waiting on a reply. Doubt I'll order but I do like the assorted idea, kinda like christmas, don't know wat ya got till you open it up.

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I don't blame you on that, I messaged them asking if they could garentee I get at least a couple choices so I'm just waiting on a reply. Doubt I'll order but I do like the assorted idea, kinda like christmas, don't know wat ya got till you open it up.
☺

BIG-G

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
NC
don't know wat ya got till you open it up.
Thats just it you dont know. You may just get common bronze, green and albino corys and a common pleco. All of which can be had cheaper locally. Usually, In most places anyway.

If they could give you a list to choose from. Then you could see at least what species are being offered.

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
The Term "assorted" is that you won't have a choice to pick or the seller gonna say "just just catch whatecer we have instock/tank/available at the time you're ordered then pack them up for shipping. You saw something you WANTED on this list but IT IS NOT GUARANTY YOU WILL GET IT :p (I'm actually a Ebay seller for close to 10 years so I can say I knew most of the tricks to get buyers to click "BUY IT NOW" LOL)

xDestro

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2016
Very true, I would definitely like to give it a try but I don't know if I'm up for wasting $100

celebrist

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 7, 2013
alaska
The link took me to "your fish store" not wet spot. Are they the same?

celebrist

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 7, 2013
alaska
That's what I thought, I might risk it with wet spot but not somewhere else I haven't dealt with regularly

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store