Trachy trachy

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
Maybe I ordered to soon... lol or maybe they like you and not me. Jk. And what have you been looking at? Feel your tank is to full or just need a break from the expenses?

Reactions: koltsixx

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Got an eye on some gulper cats,large bushfish,red tail payara, and some local tanks being sold. Also following a few vendors for those fish that don't come in so often.

Tank isn't full but full enough on sensitive fish and really don't want to add anymore. I could add one fish and that's all it'll take to lose everything. Always thinking and watching.

No need to break from expenses. I work a lot and I'm good for rainy days. Plus the wife fish blocks me so much.

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
That's about the same I paid. Mine were 9"-12" at $100 each but I paid $350 for 4 from Ray Chan 8 months ago.

Thanks, guys.

Reactions: koltsixx and moe214

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
Got an eye on some gulper cats,large bushfish,red tail payara, and some local tanks being sold. Also following a few vendors for those fish that don't come in so often.

Tank isn't full but full enough on sensitive fish and really don't want to add anymore. I could add one fish and that's all it'll take to lose everything. Always thinking and watching.

No need to break from expenses. I work a lot and I'm good for rainy days. Plus the wife fish blocks me so much.
Nice, and I agree, one fish is all it takes to mess the balance up or make everyone sick. Sometimes you don't even have to add a new fish for that to happen.

That's about the same I paid. Mine were 9"-12" at $100 each but I paid $350 for 4 from Ray Chan 8 months ago.

Thanks, guys.
Nice, you planning on more?

koltsixx

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2007
Bronx, NYC
Looking forward to it :).
Thank you! And maybe a third variant? Lol would be cool. These things have huge mouths, I think even bigger ratio to their body in comparison to the jaguar catfish. If trachys were in stock back when I got the mystery fish, I probably wouldn't have got the mystery fish, due to already having a jet black cat, and one I can keep for longer for sure with no worries or issues at that. Another hint ;). That's gotta give it away though lol should've made you ask for them. Well I've told you its reputation, little bit of its behavior, its family, and some of its color, and kind of it's potential size.
Actually I think the video Matthew Bennallack on Planetcatfish shows a Trachy with a similar belly. Still it is interesting andit would be nice if we knew collection points this way we'd know where each variant is from. As it I'm hoping we do learn something new. Between you, kno4te, TBTB and myself we have every regional variant I believe. So we can note whether there's any differences in temperament or habits. Perhaps one is more aggressive? Or more outgoing? Or maybe one of us will be cool enough to breed them.

Nah, your mystery fish(which you know from my other post on my thread I now know.lol) has things the Trachy doesn't. While I love a Trachys face there's something undeniably sexy about your mystery fish and his body shape among other things.

By the way guys my Trachys set me back $40 a piece. :p

Reactions: kno4te

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Actually I think the video Matthew Bennallack on Planetcatfish shows a Trachy with a similar belly. Still it is interesting andit would be nice if we knew collection points this way we'd know where each variant is from. As it I'm hoping we do learn something new. Between you, kno4te, TBTB and myself we have every regional variant I believe. So we can note whether there's any differences in temperament or habits. Perhaps one is more aggressive? Or more outgoing? Or maybe one of us will be cool enough to breed them.

Nah, your mystery fish(which you know from my other post on my thread I now know.lol) has things the Trachy doesn't. While I love a Trachys face there's something undeniably sexy about your mystery fish and his body shape among other things.

That's steal at that price.

koltsixx

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2007
Bronx, NYC
That's steal at that price.
That was years ago but still even back then it was a steal. You've been here since 2005 longer then me so maybe you remember Infinite Aquatics the vendor on here. Rich/ rkc772 always had amazing stock and his prices where unbeatable. Man I miss dealing with him and the fish he offered.

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014

Maybe you're right, but it would've been easier for me to say no to myself again. And don't think we've got to hide it, as I'm sure they know as well if they read it lol. I tried putting massivore in just now with the lights off, he's still in his dw, I have the light on the tank under this one to provide enough light for me to see the fish at a certain angle or if I get close, can make out who it is by their fin shapes and sizes. And I will text predatory fins and see if they know the locale of where it was caught. And steal is right. Less than half of what I paid.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Two words. I want.

Gosh these things are cool, You guys need to send me one when I get a monster tank one day

Reactions: moe214
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store