Trachy trachy

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
Two words. I want.

Gosh these things are cool, You guys need to send me one when I get a monster tank one day
They sure are! And with that monster tank you can have aros, atf and bichirs! Those are interesting right there.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
They sure are! And with that monster tank you can have aros, atf and bichirs! Those are interesting right there.
Bichirs definitely. I like the smaller monster fish tbh

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
Bichirs definitely. I like the smaller monster fish tbh
They can be the most interesting, they have to adapt the most to survive, they've not got the size to have less worries about predators etc.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
They can be the most interesting, they have to adapt the most to survive, they've not got the size to have less worries about predators etc.
Yeah. I like trachys a lot, they look viciously cute ;)

I'm just a little bit limited on size, probably gonna grab more African knives since they are super interesting.

Has the trachy eaten yet?

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
Yeah. I like trachys a lot, they look viciously cute ;)

I'm just a little bit limited on size, probably gonna grab more African knives since they are super interesting.

Has the trachy eaten yet?
Looked at his belly, doesn't look like he tried anything yet, hopefully within the next two weeks

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Looked at his belly, doesn't look like he tried anything yet, hopefully within the next two weeks
Hopefully yeah. The longest I have waited for a fish to eat is a day. I'm thinking that wild caught fish test your patience with feeding

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
Hopefully yeah. The longest I have waited for a fish to eat is a day. I'm thinking that wild caught fish test your patience with feeding
lol I'm usually good about waiting for a fish to eat, I'm stubborn like them and don't give in. I tell myself how long they may go in the wild without eating so they'll be alright in my tank. Makes it easier for me. I'll give in if I feel weight loss is great and they behave different because of it. But I've not had any crazy stubborn fish, my curupira was probably the most but I caught him eating when I walk in the room a few times so I knew he was fine, took him months to even come out a little in front of me though let alone eat.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
lol I'm usually good about waiting for a fish to eat, I'm stubborn like them and don't give in. I tell myself how long they may go in the wild without eating so they'll be alright in my tank. Makes it easier for me. I'll give in if I feel weight loss is great and they behave different because of it. But I've not had any crazy stubborn fish, my curupira was probably the most but I caught him eating when I walk in the room a few times so I knew he was fine, took him months to even come out a little in front of me though let alone eat.
Sounds like my synodontis. He's not a fan of people.

Perseverance makes perfect ;)

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
Sounds like my synodontis. He's not a fan of people.

Perseverance makes perfect ;)
Lol yea and now he glares at people.

As far as the trachy, I think I'll be fine if they're as greedy as koltsixx says lol, I didn't have trouble with the jag, I can't help but compare them since both dw cats lol

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Is this the nodosus or the ones that koltsixx koltsixx has a pair of?

My syno is rarely seen. My knives inspect me though

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store