Unofficial Thread For Desert-Type Reptiles

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
He has the bitey look on his face in the picture
Yeah he sure liked to draw blood that's for sure lol. If I ever wanted to hold him I had to give him lettuce, yes I know not nutritious for beardies but it was his favorite food. He also had this very condescending look he would get ya if ya didn't bring him any lettuce or roaches.
Mine never bites. He bit me a few times trynna get a roach, and it cut skin, but thats the only time i’ve gotten bit
Ed bit me every chance he got. The moment he seen your hand it was "pancake mode activate!" and then he would proceed to turn into a piranha plant from Mario.

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Southern California (San Diego)
Yeah he sure liked to draw blood that's for sure lol. If I ever wanted to hold him I had to give him lettuce, yes I know not nutritious for beardies but it was his favorite food. He also had this very condescending look he would get ya if ya didn't bring him any lettuce or roaches.
Ed bit me every chance he got. The moment he seen your hand it was "pancake mode activate!" and then he would proceed to turn into a piranha plant from Mario.
Haha!!! My beardie loves spinach. Anybody got a tortoise?

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
Depending on species, monitors will actively hunt you for sport ?
I had an Argus that my ex made me get rid of. She said it seemed like it was always sizing her up. She let her self out of the enclosure a few times. She learned she could unscrew the vent covers and squeeze out the hole. She was about 4' long. We had her from a baby. I never saw the menace that the ex saw maybe the Argus could tell my ex was ex material before I saw it. Shoulda kept the lizard.
We also had a black rough neck that was really chill but its claws would tear you up whether or not it was trying. I saw the intelligence in their eyes and actions. If you haven't experienced it watch Jurassic Park any sceen involving the raptors. You can watch them problem solve I can see why people would be unnerved by it, but to me it's just fascinating.
The nile, croc, water monitors just get to big to safely interact with even if they aren't thinking of eating you. Let alone food bill and housing.

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Wow! My beardies claws have not been trimmed in 3 years. Every time we take him out to bask, he gets so excited and scurrys around my neck, shoulders, and head. He likes to sit on top if my head.

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
Wow! My beardies claws have not been trimmed in 3 years. Every time we take him out to bask, he gets so excited and scurrys around my neck, shoulders, and head. He likes to sit on top if my head.
Makes sense, they are semi-arboreal after all. They like to be in high up places in the wild and are often found ontop on fence posts and dead trees to bask in the sunlight while being safe from most predators. Mine used to have a few branches to climb on top of and bask closer to his light. Found him at the top of the tank more often then not, anytime he wasn't basking he was in his lil cave sleeping or sitting at the window/door head banging at the rabbit for some strange reason.

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Makes sense, they are semi-arboreal after all. They like to be in high up places in the wild and are often found ontop on fence posts and dead trees to bask in the sunlight while being safe from most predators. Mine used to have a few branches to climb on top of and bask closer to his light. Found him at the top of the tank more often then not, anytime he wasn't basking he was in his lil cave sleeping or sitting at the window/door head banging at the rabbit for some strange reason.
Yeah. Mine headbangs at anybody that comes in the door that he doesn’t know. He sometimes hisses, too. He has cement blocks to bask on in his indoor cage. His outdoor has some branches and rocks. Also has a little pool for him.

Reactions: Magnus_Bane
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store