UPDATE/noob questions

MultispeciesTamer

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2008
Michigan
Right now they only eat live food (roseys) and like 1 pellet each with the 1 bass that eats only a couple.......Ive tried frozen food to meal worms with no dice
Do they eat the roseys the second they hit the water? If so mix in some frozen roseys. If not train them to eat the live roseys as soon as you drop them in then go from there.

ninjastar

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2010
Carson,ca
Do they eat the roseys the second they hit the water? If so mix in some frozen roseys. If not train them to eat the live roseys as soon as you drop them in then go from there.
They hit the roseys like a death squad going in for the kill. Anything cubed like blood worms or other foods is a no go and small and lg mealworms are a no go.

So I have 2 of the 9 bass hitting, chasing, and eating the pellets but the rest just either hit it or just look at it. =(

cigars

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 3, 2011
northern va
Euthanize rosy’s coat/soak in intended pellet to be used and they should transition to pellet but you will have to make the pellet coating stronger almost to a paste over a period of a week then only offer pellet. They need to get the taste and texture of the pellet.

Reactions: Tony A.

Tony A.

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2016
I made mine take the livebarer out of my fingers . now my hand means food.

Reactions: cigars

ninjastar

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2010
Carson,ca
Euthanize rosy’s coat/soak in intended pellet to be used and they should transition to pellet but you will have to make the pellet coating stronger almost to a paste over a period of a week then only offer pellet. They need to get the taste and texture of the pellet.
Well Ive been doing your method for a while and thats how 1 more bass making it 2 out of 9 eating now. So 2 eat like pigs with the pellets but the rest are still just looking.

Just wondering, what do you guys consider power feeding fish and is it okay to feed bass every 3 days(live food that is)?

cigars

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 3, 2011
northern va
Well Ive been doing your method for a while and thats how 1 more bass making it 2 out of 9 eating now. So 2 eat like pigs with the pellets but the rest are still just looking.

Just wondering, what do you guys consider power feeding fish and is it okay to feed bass every 3 days(live food that is)?
Power feeding to me is 3 to 4 times daily water temp 88/90 water changes every day or every other day to clean up the mess it makes and to keep nitrate levels really low ir will encourage good health and fast growth.

Tony A.

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2016
Power feeding to me is 3 to 4 times daily water temp 88/90 water changes every day or every other day to clean up the mess it makes and to keep nitrate levels really low ir will encourage good health and fast growth.
I feed my bass freeze dried krill or pellets every time I look at them and garden worms every after noon . water change avery day or 2. Even if the water is spotless and no waist on the bottom. And at night they get frozen shrimp. And any bugs I find lol. I don't think it as power feeding .

Reactions: cigars

cigars

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 3, 2011
northern va
I feed my bass freeze dried krill or pellets every time I look at them and garden worms every after noon . water change avery day or 2. Even if the water is spotless and no waist on the bottom. And at night they get frozen shrimp. And any bugs I find lol. I don't think it as power feeding .
Lol sounds like you give them lots of treats

Tony A.

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2016
My tanks are in my man cave shop . I'm retired a and like to do wood work in there so I'm always giving them food lol.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store