Update on my cats

thebiggerthebetter

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Same with my two TSNs mentioned above. They are over a foot now. One's getting beat up by the other. Still. Nothing life-threatening but regular violence - I hear grunts and see them tangle up, one gets a hold of the other's pec fin. Neither do I have a good way of separating them for now.

houie925

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2008
Manteca, California
Sorry to hear it TBTB. My TsN is pushing 2' now and is still only causing trouble for the hybrid. The hybrid is slightly smaller and doesn't seem to be putting up any sort of a fight, at least not effectively. Judging primarily from necro's experience I was more concerned about my hybrid being aggressive but so far I've seen nothing from him. He's eating pellets almost daily, they're intended for the Niger but the hybrid and RtC both love them, as well as the big weekly meals of stuffed fish or shrimp and the TSN still won't eat a pellet so the hybrid should be catching up in size. I'm curious what will happen once the hybrid catches up and likely outgrows the TSN.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

houie925

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2008
Manteca, California
Been awhile since I updated, mainly because there's been nothing new to report. Got my first order of Ken's fish food today and went through almost 1/2 lb of the large aqua stable sinking pellets, a handful of small sinking pellets for my Niger, and a large silurid catfish from the Asian supermarket because my TsN still refuses to take pellets. Today the TsN showed interest in pellets for the first time at least, acting like it was feeding time, attempting to steal from the other cats while they were eating pellets and sniffing out the pellets, though he never made any attempt to eat any. He's still the biggest fish in the tank, which is strange because all the other fish eat multiple small meals weekly while he's only getting fed every week or two when I feed frozen foods, and still bullies the hybrid while mostly leaving the other cats alone. All seem to be doing well.

Excuse the cloudy water, just removed the alocasia, banana, and pothos temporarily for a minor tank repair.

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1412037527.007937.jpg

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1412037543.083326.jpg

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1412037640.361523.jpg

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1412037656.014387.jpg

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1412037733.325311.jpg

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Nice cats houie can't wait for my Niger's to get that big my biggest is about 12\13" atm , how long you had yours ? What are you feeding ?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

houie925

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2008
Manteca, California
Nice cats houie can't wait for my Niger's to get that big my biggest is about 12\13" atm , how long you had yours ? What are you feeding ?

Currently he eats Ken's sinking pellets but I just started that recently. He was eating sinking tilapia pellets before that.

Got him in February 2013 and he's grown a little over a foot since then. He's probably 19-20" now. I'm sure he'd be huge if I power fed.

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Cool mine are now on pellets ;):thumbup: , one of mine keeps shredding slime coat ATM any ideas what it could be ? My water p's are OK 50% WC weekly , all my other fish are fine no signs of disease , all feeding its a bit odd , all I could think of is either stress from other fish or from squeezing into a pipe he's now a bit to big for , I'll get a PIC next time it happens and post it

xApostle

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2013
London
Houie, What would you say your growth rate on the hybrid is from the day you got him till now? Please list sizes and time frames. Thanks!

Sent from my GT-I9305 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store