Wal-Mart fish guide

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
Last time I went to Walmart (a long time ago) I went to go check the fish isle to see if the rumors were true. There was a small pile of dead fish, but nothing compared to what I've heard.

Fish Tank Travis

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2016
Dayton, OH
My local Walmart has to be one of the worst. They usually have tanks of dead fish, half full tanks and usually over half the tanks have no filtration running. It makes me so sad everytime I go by that section and I just want to yank the manger back there and ask him wtf is going on?!

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
My local Walmart has to be one of the worst. They usually have tanks of dead fish, half full tanks and usually over half the tanks have no filtration running. It makes me so sad everytime I go by that section and I just want to yank the manger back there and ask him wtf is going on?!
Took you a while to join the party.
I know how you feel, but rescuing these fish just continues Walmart's will to keep selling them, and therefore they just restock them.

Fish Tank Travis

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2016
Dayton, OH
I usually look at them differently. They way I see it is that if I were to buy or "rescue" those fish then I would be putting all my other nice fish at an almost certain risk of "something" and I don't want to get them anywhere near my house.

I would like to be able to volunteer to run the aquarium section and turn it around, at least in my local store.

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
I usually look at them differently. They way I see it is that if I were to buy or "rescue" those fish then I would be putting all my other nice fish at an almost certain risk of "something" and I don't want to get them anywhere near my house.

I would like to be able to volunteer to run the aquarium section and turn it around, at least in my local store.
They pay minimum wage.

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
Unfortunately. I'll recommend 125 employees per Walmart.
It will put 'em out of business quick and it would get crowded in the stores. Oh wait, that sounds familiar...
Is there some way we can relate this to aquariums?

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store