Water Cow Goby

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
1- I can fix your displayed age

2- Figure out what you want, or at least a loose idea of what kind of fish you want

3- Discuss an ideal species for your setup with the community, and (importantly) LISTEN TO THE PEOPLE WHO KNOW WHAT THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT. Pay attention to the medals next to names.

4- Find a source for said fish

5- Find a suitable, appropriate and LEGAL way to dispose of your goldfish.

6- Order your desired species

7- Once you've received confirmation of shipping for your new bff, take the goldfish to their new home

8- Enjoy your new fish and actually LEARN from the people who know what they're talking about.

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
That was a very good post and you should listen to him.
Also I’ll tell you right now, some people on here will bust your balls for a multitude of reasons. The best thing to do is to mind your business, be respectful, and truly listen to the other people here since a lot of them have awards because of their experience and other respected things.

Reactions: FishBeast

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
Also I’ll tell you right now, some people on here will bust your balls for a multitude of reasons.
99.9% of what you'll get your balls busted for here is not listening/arguing with people who have been doing this longer than you've been alive because what they're telling you doesn't agree with Google.

Sep 24, 2017
Pennsylvania
You might want to check out a Jack Dempsey Cichlid, a Senegal Bichir, An African Butterfly Fish, or a Dwarf Pike Cichlid. A Water Cow Goby can reach 24 inches, as such I do not think getting one for your 40 breeder is a good idea. If you can supply it with crayfish, snails, crabs, clams, and other hard shelled foods a Green Spotted Puffer Fish would also be fun, but they require brackish water and a lot of hard shelled foods which may be a bit advanced for you

Reactions: FishBeast

HipHopGoldfish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2018
Sorry for not replying for so long, Ive been a little busy to be on my phone lately, that puffer looks pretty cool but not what I'm looking for. The water cow goby looked pretty smoothe and slick looking, but to me I didnt appeal to much to the tetraodon Baileyi. Sorry for being annoying, but i have no idea what the variety of "Monster" fish are

HipHopGoldfish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2018
Sorry for not replying for so long, Ive been a little busy to be on my phone lately, that puffer looks pretty cool but not what I'm looking for. The water cow goby looked pretty smoothe and slick looking, but to me I didnt appeal to much to the tetraodon Baileyi. Sorry for being annoying, but i have no idea what the variety of "Monster" fish are
Is there any good looking monster fish you can think of that would be good for my 40?

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
You’re not being annoying, you’re asking for advice and being very respectful while doing so.

Typically when I’m wanting to find a fish I like I’ll look up sites that sell fish online and look at all of what they have. If you REALLY want to find some unusual fish then I’d go to thewetspot.com and look at their list. They don’t have pictures so you’ll have to look up the fish individually but trust me it’s worth it.
I’ll look at some sites for you.
Also it’s not a fish but how about an african clawed frog? They can get to about 6 inches and you can keep a few in a 40 gallon breeder.
A bichir could be what you’re looking for. A senegal bichir or a delhezi would do nice.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store