WC water

fishman61

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2009
MO
your neighbor has way too much free time on her hands to complain as something as trivial as this

szymon328

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2010
New Jersey
It's not from my pond. I never do WC on the pond. It's from my tanks. Maybe able 100g total out the garage door. Because the property is sloped there is no flat area for the water to be absorbed. The water runs downhill about 100 feet, enough for PITA neighbors to notice. It does not reach any street drains but their point is it washes accumilated contaminants down hill.
Hmm so if it washes contaminants down hill, much like rain does, here's my suggestion: make sure your water isn't acidic, because some rain is acidic from the burning of fossil fuels, and acid rain is bad. Add pothos to ur tanks to soak up all nitrates so all that you'll be changing is water with very little waste in it, heck u might actually negate the need for huge amounts of wc with an equally huge amount of pothos. And lastly, but most importantly, make sure to create a huge mountain chain up wind of your location to break up the natural cycle of rain in your location and to create a desert where no rain or running water will ever get a chance to wash off surface contaminants :) your neighbors will now have an oasis of dog and other animal poop all over their property but at least the world is saved!!! Just my $.02 lol

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

LumpyFish19

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2012
Nj
My suggestion would be to set up a drip system if you can so you only have a small amounts of water that change everyday. It's going to cost some $ but its prob worth it to keep the neighbor off you back.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

dragonfish

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2006
Florida
Setup a tote, plumb it out to the garden and pump your water into it. You get to do your w\c, the water is not wasted and your neighbor is happy, winners all around.

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
If you have room in the yard, dig a swail where you dump the water and plant bog type plants in it, this should stop the water from running off your property.
In Milwaukee it is being encouraged to slow rain water from overwhelming the waste water system.
Swails are also being put in just before beach areas to stop heavy rains from washing away sand, they can be quite beatiful.
I believe there is info if you google Clean Rivers Clean Lakes Milwaukee

Roryf

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2010
England
Use the water to wash your car or just throw it over your car then you are technically washing it?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store