Weeksii or buetikofferi a.k.a gold dust??

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
Basically treat the ornate, weeksii and tuegelsi all as you would lower jaws. These are the big boys of the upper jaw world.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Just to theow this out there toyin had small congicus last time i spoke to him

MaineiacJay

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2014
United States
I have a buettikoferi and it's taking a long time to grow. I've had him quite a few months now and he's grown maybe an inch. Ugh. Beautiful patterns and colors though and fairly aggressive compared to my others.

I had the opportunity to get a weeksii last week (my LFS actually calls me now to ask if I'm interested in whatever poly he comes across lol) But decided to hold out. They are nice looking, but I've got a few others I'm interested in getting first (Teugelsi at the top of the list. Why are they so hard to find?!?!). The photos here are making me regret my decision a little though

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
I have a buettikoferi and it's taking a long time to grow. I've had him quite a few months now and he's grown maybe an inch. Ugh. Beautiful patterns and colors though and fairly aggressive compared to my others.

I had the opportunity to get a weeksii last week (my LFS actually calls me now to ask if I'm interested in whatever poly he comes across lol) But decided to hold out. They are nice looking, but I've got a few others I'm interested in getting first (Teugelsi at the top of the list. Why are they so hard to find?!?!). The photos here are making me regret my decision a little though
Yup teugelsi is so hard to get, i saw some in the MFK for sale but its only for pickup, and they are already big.thats why they are the last on my list, once i collected the once i want.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Uncle teds had one and that's where DrB got his teugelsi from. Can be shipped too. Can always call and ask.

Reactions: jaws7777

MaineiacJay

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2014
United States
Uncle teds had one and that's where DrB got his teugelsi from. Can be shipped too. Can always call and ask.
Uncle Ted? Or uncle Ned? I have an uncle ned about... 4 hours away in Mass but he's asking $400 for his Teugelsi and that's just out of my range right now. I am looking into shipping one that I found cheaper. Fingers crossed

Besides the teugelsi, until I can upgrade my tank again, I'm looking for a nile, del and possibly a moke, but those too are a bit harder to come across.

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
Uncle Ted? Or uncle Ned? I have an uncle ned about... 4 hours away in Mass but he's asking $400 for his Teugelsi and that's just out of my range right now. I am looking into shipping one that I found cheaper. Fingers crossed

Besides the teugelsi, until I can upgrade my tank again, I'm looking for a nile, del and possibly a moke, but those too are a bit harder to come across.
Uncle Neds?? Is that a store or website??

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Sorry my iPhone's autocorrect is killing me. It's uncle neds fish factory. He had some wc teugelsi that DrB ordered from there. It was shipped to him since he lives down south.

http://unclenedsfishfactory.com

Dr.B

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
Texas
One thing to think about is weather you want WC or CB teugelsi as well. Almost all the time the cheaper Teugelsi are CB. IMO the high prices are worth it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store