What are your other hobbies

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
View attachment 1400819Started back on these again.
I love older military warbirds. One of these days, I'm going to learn how to fly these r/c planes.
About 17 years ago, I tried flying one of those simple r/c motorized glider.......... failed miserably!

Reactions: kno4te

Backfromthedead

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2017
Fredericksburg va
This was my baby!
just shy of 900hp Cummins turbo diesel
It would do 4wd burnouts with 35 inch tires and
Still smoke the tires at freeway speeds once turbo spooled up.
thiswas by far the funniest most exciting thing to drive. id race it at the local race track
It would run the 1/8 at 7.4 seconds
And 1/4 was 10.9 secs
It could cut the first 60ft of track in 1.6 seconds
Not bad for a 8k pound 4 door pick up
I loved being able to race and beat almost anything down a Straight line.
diesel power is truly awesome
It’s doesn’t have to be a dirty smoky truck to make good power.
my truck was featured in 2 magazine whileI owned it
I also built or installed about 75% of all work done to get it to what it was.
Good times good memories but life caught up
Had 2 kid and a wife and the truck life took a back seat. Due to the High cost of diesel performance parts and transmissions

If anyone need some diesel advice let me know
I still know some stuff lol

View attachment 1400857

View attachment 1400858

View attachment 1400860

View attachment 1400861

View attachment 1400862
You would fit in well in my neck of the woods. Nearly everyone where i work seems to be stuck in a neverending competition of whose truck is the largest, loudest and fastest. They're always swapping and comparing wheels, mufflers, engine upgrades, shocks...funny thing is the trucks seem to spend more time up on lifts than anywhere else and the fellas all drive to work in 20+ year old camrys.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
I love older military warbirds. One of these days, I'm going to learn how to fly these r/c planes.
About 17 years ago, I tried flying one of those simple r/c motorized glider.......... failed miserably!
Yea. Love the old warbirds too. Got the smaller one to practice with. It’s cheap on amazon. Then go for the bigger ones. Next rc plane will hopefully be a sr71 bb!

Reactions: xraycer

DN328

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2014
Fish Tank
Is appreciating / drinking fine whiskey/scotch/cognac/etc. A hobby lifestyle?

That aside, I only have time for one fish tank, entertained on MFK.com. I have been getting back to the gun range.

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
You would fit in well in my neck of the woods. Nearly everyone where i work seems to be stuck in a neverending competition of whose truck is the largest, loudest and fastest. They're always swapping and comparing wheels, mufflers, engine upgrades, shocks...funny thing is the trucks seem to spend more time up on lifts than anywhere else and the fellas all drive to work in 20+ year old camrys.
My truck is stock except for a few suspension bits, never been apart more than a few hours, and my wife drives the Camry. ;)

I do some woodworking and build things, but it's not such a hobby. More just jobs I have to do if I want stuff done. At least I'm doing them for myself.
saw2.jpeg
I finally bought this new pro Skilsaw last year, after suffering with my old cheapo saws for 40+ years...

Reactions: Backfromthedead
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store