What Cuban cichlid hybrids are out there?

Hybridfish7

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2017
If I breed RT to pure Carpintis the fry are "red gene", what is so hard to understand? You didn't even address this analogy.
Because the "red gene" is the same peeling gene that comes from their amphilophus ancestors. Said red gene is dominant by the way.
I don't know where you're going with the jack dempsies only have bars bit. They have black underneath their blue, or at least darker colors idly. Some examples of variation in jack dempsies:
images (12).jpeg
download (1).jpeg
images (13).jpeg
images (11).jpeg
And then some carpintis with varying amounts of blue (you can see how the pattern underneath changes as the pearling expands)
herichthys-carpintis-ba02f785-1a38-40fe-9ef1-ba01a8cedb0-resize-750.jpg
View attachment 1498334
images (10).jpeg
As for your bit about fry, EBJD fry look nothing like cuban fry. Cuban fry are grey and pointy with that little racing stripe once they start looking like fish. EBJD fry and normal JD fry are both fat and have that weird marbled pattern, and are indistinguishable until they start to get blue. You could argue that that's just because the fry are getting their baby color genes from JD, as in other crosses I've experienced such as cutteri to HRPs the fry take their baby coloration from the cutteri with slight body shape differences, but it wouldn't make sense for EBJD fry to look exactly the same as wild JD fry.
It's not parroting information if I can comprehend and explain what I'm saying.

HybridFinatic

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2018
Virginia
This is completely off topic but from breeding a couple of cons I’ve got a short body baby and a baby born with no tail
Yep I saw someone on Facebook who got some of those in a batch. Not sure about the heart shaped parrots where presumably they cut off the tail but the “heart shaped” convicts with no tail can be an inbreeding deformity.

Reactions: Deadeye

Hybridfish7

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2017
Yep I saw someone on Facebook who got some of those in a batch. Not sure about the heart shaped parrots where presumably they cut off the tail but the “heart shaped” convicts with no tail can be an inbreeding deformity.
The short body gene also comes up very easily, I've gotten it in wild species of livebearers and seen it occur in a variety of cichlids within as little as two generations of inbreeding.

Reactions: HybridFinatic
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store