What do you guys do for work?

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Hey pacu mom pacu mom do you know why the water looks green in that picture?

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Probably jealous

• Haha
Reactions: deeda

Itsadeepbluesea

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2008
BA in Biology. How is that even possible? I thought biology was a science.
Master of Public Health degree in health administration.

Was actually working on a third useless degree--doctor of health science, when I took a leave of absence with 8 units to go. I realized that the only job skill I had was typing. I decided I need a job skill where I didn't have bosses telling me what to do. I started typing right out of high school, and typed during vacation time from college...it didn't sit well with me that I had to take orders from people who had much less higher education than I did...type this, file that.... Dentistry provided me with a job skill where I could make my own decisions.

marketable job skill is the key
It all depends on classes taken, I can't remember the exact difference between the 2, but I also have a BA in General Biology. It is only a couple of classes difference if I remember correctly at the university I went to one of them was a second calculus class, but that's all that comes to mind. I don't remember the others.

Reactions: Backfromthedead

pacu mom

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2006
northern CA
It all depends on classes taken, I can't remember the exact difference between the 2, but I also have a BA in General Biology. It is only a couple of classes difference if I remember correctly at the university I went to one of them was a second calculus class, but that's all that comes to mind. I don't remember the others.
And what have you been able to do with your degree?

pacu mom

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2006
northern CA
Stepping stone to a Doctorate in Physical Therapy (Other than being a stepping stone and fun to study biology, it is quite useless).
That's a good field you are getting into. I have an excellent occupational therapist to whom I owe a debt of gratitude. She literally ran interference between me and my lousy former hand surgeon. She called him up and told him something was really wrong. He had treated me like a malingerer. Had a second surgery to remove the the screws that were sticking out from his botched first surgery. She called him to tell him that she highly suspected I had complex regional pain syndrome. Yep, she was right again. I went from not being able to do anything with my right hand to feeling that I could practice dentistry if I wasn't retired. I was disabled for such a long time that I am practically ambidextrous now. Anyway, if it wasn't for my therapist, I would be in a world of hurt and non-function.

dr exum

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2007
Northwest
Reactions: FreeMak

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
IMO Fish are so much easier to feed than people. ;)
So true. Especially kids. My 8 year old basically lives off chicken nuggets and spaghetti. But come to think of it, and knowing how greedy my fish are, I bet they'd eat chicken nuggets and spaghetti too!

Reactions: Ulu and FreeMak
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store