What do you guys feed your cichlids??

nbarbagallo98

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2013
Jackson, New Jersey
you should not be concerned with the treats to feed your red terrors.
rather you should focus on the staple to feed your fish every day to see growth and color improvements in a healthy way.
And if you want to do that naturally, then trust this board and go with NLS

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
I do trust you guys I was just trying to inform myself and see all of the options. As soon as I get a chance I will order some NLS and some freeze dried krill, and slowly convert them.

EricJ7182

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2011
Jersey
I've fed my fish lots of different things. Hykari- gold, sinking gold, bio gold, massivore. NLS- regular, Thera-a, ultra red( I know it seems like a gimmick but I had to try it), omega one large cichlid pellets, oceans nutrition omnivore and veggie flakes, kens cichlid pellets, cobalt large cichlid pellets, earthworm flakes, dainichi color ex, shrimp, krill, and earthworms. When I first got festae I fed them a mix of everything. Now that I got my pair to spawn I feed their fry NLS grow and danichi color ex. Their off spring look way better than their parents did when I got them at 1". I'm a believer in NLS if you can get the fish to eat them. My adult festae won't really touch it, but their fry eat it right up.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Endo

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 22, 2011
So Cal
If you can't get a fish to eat NLS,
then you should give the 1mm finicky fish formula a shot.
The mussel enticed the appetite of my finicky fish so much that they eventually ate anything NLS.
Plus it has 38% protein.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

muscle

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I recently switched from NLS to Xtreme. My midas go nuts for it and the tank / filters stay way cleaner as compared to NLS. I'm sure I'll ever go back.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013) using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Jc1119

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2010
Orlando fl

JwHiser13

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I've fed Hikari, NLS but sense switching to YFS foods I've seen a great difference in my fishes vitality, activity, and overall there appearance! Great ingredient labels, great prices, and made in America! Check them out and give em a try! Always freshly made and fast shipping!

www.yourfishstuff.com

maxxxx

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2010
Needham, MA
www.linkedin.com
Going to have to agree with the NLS consensus. I raised my central/south Americans on it w/ issue.

My only other substantial contribution is to delay going above the 2mm pellets until your forced to. According to my LFS the smaller pellets are easier to digest, and if carefully and well fed you will have less waste and no issues of aggression from big fish-small bites

JwHiser13

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Going to have to agree with the NLS consensus. I raised my central/south Americans on it w/ issue.

My only other substantial contribution is to delay going above the 2mm pellets until your forced to. According to my LFS the smaller pellets are easier to digest, and if carefully and well fed you will have less waste and no issues of aggression from big fish-small bites
NLS is def one of the top three foods out there! I have a success with this food as well but have had even better results in the overall growth of my fish with YFS. ;) Also the reason a lot of fish won't NLS to start with is because its so nutrient dense, with time and patients they will come around.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store