What is a red lava Cichlid

Cichlids keeper

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2020
Massachusetts
Still doing endless noobie threads... When you see these stupid names why dont you just ask the source? Their nonsensical replies or lack of should advance you to the stage that the members above have reached. Breed a few hybrids and see whats in common from spawn to spawn. There is no magic involved with these things.
You have mentioned wanting to breed sb red texas but its all talk. Just do it man. If you need starter stock send me a pm. As long as the post office is rolling I will send you something just pay shipping. You can speculate and estimate all you want but until you are breeding and culling you actually have no knowledge.

Polar blue convict are not hybrids just a really squashed and deformed variation of sb con, line bred so they all look like that. Pinched faces and tail bones hmm the exact thing people have tried to get away from in blood parrots and shortbodies. They are trash.
I Can't really breed anything right now, not allowed to own anything over ten gallons at my current apartment. So all I can do is speculate.

Ogertron3000

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2017
Australia
You might drive yourself nuts speculating. Get some experience line breeding and crossing smaller strains of fish if thats all you have room for. I suggested guppies previously and I have had alot of fun messing with them. Warmer weather is coming up, maybe you can work some outdoor stuff as well. We could all die from crazy virus tomorrow, wouldn't you rather have accomplished some of these ideas you have but on a smaller scale, rather than nothing at all?
This is actually a good idea. Breed some guppies or bettas. Get some different colours and fin styles and see what you can produce. Might even start your own strain eventually.
It's easier and cheaper than trying to breed aggressive large cichlids and easier to get rid of the offspring.
There's no harm in asking questions but don't get over excited every time you see some made up dodgy hybrid name on a Facebook group. Most members here like pure strains and the undisciplined hybrid sales are seen as seen as an irresponsible part of the hobby.

Cichlids keeper

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2020
Massachusetts
I did some more research and figured out it's just a cross between a goldbase flowerhorn and red texas. Some people also call it a red chilli, but it's just a rth basically.

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
This is actually a good idea. Breed some guppies or bettas. Get some different colours and fin styles and see what you can produce. Might even start your own strain eventually.
It's easier and cheaper than trying to breed aggressive large cichlids and easier to get rid of the offspring.
There's no harm in asking questions but don't get over excited every time you see some made up dodgy hybrid name on a Facebook group. Most members here like pure strains and the undisciplined hybrid sales are seen as seen as an irresponsible part of the hobby.
Line breeding guppies is actually kind of fun to do, currently I'm trying to make a white tiger double sword tail. I got the tiger stripes as a constant thing and even the females are starting to be born with some stripes too now, still working on over all color and tail shape but I figure it's easier to focus on one thing at a time rather then trying to get it all done at the same time.

Aquatic Aggression

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2011
Line breeding guppies is actually kind of fun to do, currently I'm trying to make a white tiger double sword tail. I got the tiger stripes as a constant thing and even the females are starting to be born with some stripes too now, still working on over all color and tail shape but I figure it's easier to focus on one thing at a time rather then trying to get it all done at the same time.
Nah, it is really best to have no practical fish keeping or breeding experience in the end. That way you can pretend all these stupid names are actually different fish and believe they are established strains. Buy $35 an oz food to feed them. Call non-hybrids hybrids and assume you can mix fish and have a 50/50 split phenotype in the fry. Maybe cry to mods when people try to explain the reality.
"Cichlids Keeper" with a self confessed 10 gallon tank limit lol alright then. Still doing research typing away but never getting your hands wet and seeing what hybrid spawns produce.

I like that my posts disappointed yet they are quoted in their entirety by 2 different members lol. Pretty weak scrub job by a crappy mod. This subforum has been not moderated forever. Mods dont clean up useless threads which in the end feed an entire new generation of here say and misinformation. Wonder why they dont have an actual active user of those subforums moderate them? Mfk was once the elite of online fish community. Now its a candy coated facebook competitor. Maybe its just the hybrid subforum?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store