What is the coolest fish you have seen at petsmart or petco

Fishnerd360

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2018
Elephant fish but the employees at that time were experienced with fish. And a tire track eel( the one that grows 2’+).

Reactions: tlindsey

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Ahh speaking of elephant fish I also found baby whales, I got two but each one didn’t work out sadly. I wanted to do an african themed tank :thumbsdow

AlphaTintu

Plecostomus
MFK Member
I went a few weeks ago, and saw a Mastacembelus armatus, the Spiny Yellowatail Version. Zig Zag Spiny Yellowtail Eel. Also saw a Blood Parrot Cichlid. That was at PetSmart. At PetCo, I forgot what type of tang it was, but it was pretty bland, Spotted Mandarin Goby (I remember that since it was one of the prettiest fish I‘ve seen), and even a Tessolate Eel (I remember that since then, I have never seen an eel in captivity). The rarest inverts at petco: Harlequin Shrimp, A Blue Starfish (IDK what type) and a Feather Duster (TINY TINY). I know this seems like a lot of rare stuff, but go onto their website! They have a LOT!

Thanks for the links! I didn't know Petco keep goby as well. Most beautiful fish I see .

Also they have other vibrant salt water fish, no experience with them, but they look beautiful...

Dalfrey86

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2020
Blood parrot which of course my 6 year old wanted the biggest one they had... aka Buddy the BP... rude boy 101.

AlphaTintu

Plecostomus
MFK Member
On the BP comments, PetSmart sells very tiny BP, nearly one inch size, they were skinny, but dark orange! I got one two months ago and he was growing pretty good, but color turned yellowish, and not pure orange as he was when I bought him.

I am sure he wasn't dyed!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store