What is your most expensive fish you have now?

WOLF2013

Banned
MFK Member
May 2, 2018
Lake Worth Florida
www.youtube.com
Not to mention if you get caught with it, it's a massive fine plus euthanize the fish on sight.
wow that's horrible... the fine I understand, but why kill the fish?

Damascus

Dovii
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2020
It's the same thing with Asian arowana. Most that are caught will be kept as evidence while the case is pending and then euthanized when they are no longer needed for legal proceedings.

Some are sent to zoos in very rare circumstances.

They are very hypocritical in some of their actions. "It's endangered in the wild and could go extinct so you can't keep it, but if you do, and we catch you, we will kill it"

There isn't a rehoming option for illegal species regardless of circumstances and almost all that are found are euthanized.

Joshuakahan

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2019
Not to mention if you get caught with it, it's a massive fine plus euthanize the fish on sight.
Once I had it home, there’s no way to get caught, unless I do something dumb, but during shipping is a possibility.

Joshuakahan

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2019
I’ve seen the banned fish list where I live and it’s the dumbest thing I’ve ever seen. It looks like whoever made it put zero thought into it.

Joshuakahan

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2019
It's the same thing with Asian arowana. Most that are caught will be kept as evidence while the case is pending and then euthanized when they are no longer needed for legal proceedings.

Some are sent to zoos in very rare circumstances.

They are very hypocritical in some of their actions. "It's endangered in the wild and could go extinct so you can't keep it, but if you do, and we catch you, we will kill it"

There isn't a rehoming option for illegal species regardless of circumstances and almost all that are found are euthanized.
That’s part of why I have zero respect for laws regarding this. I don’t have any banned fish because I don’t trust that it won’t be discovered during shipping. But that’s the only reason.

Reactions: The Masked Shadow

Damascus

Dovii
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2020
Once I had it home, there’s no way to get caught, unless I do something dumb, but during shipping is a possibility.
If someone snitches on you, it could land you in a world of trouble. Someone on here went through that with their albino wells catfish

Damascus

Dovii
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2020
I’ve seen the banned fish list where I live and it’s the dumbest thing I’ve ever seen. It looks like whoever made it put zero thought into it.
Most of the bans are. There is less effort, money and time into evaluating each specie and far easier to do a blanket family ban, like seen with the channa species, even though a very small number of species could be or currently are a problem

Reactions: Joshuakahan

Joshuakahan

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2019
If someone snitches on you, it could land you in a world of trouble. Someone on here went through that with their albino wells catfish
I wouldn’t tell anyone, but that sucks on multiple levels. Feel bad for the guy

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store