What Kind of Car Do You Drive?

Akuma

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2013
Kyoto/Japan
I´m sorry if my post was seen as offensive because it was not meant that way. I just wanted say that i don´t need a car.

heatherbeast

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2009
Atlanta, GA
heatherbeast.deviantart.com
It's okay! I think it may be a difference in lifestyle. :) I had feelings similar to yours when I was riding transit (12 years!).

Many folks are heavily invested with both money and emotions in their machines, so if you see anyone taking it personally, that might be why.

Akuma

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2013
Kyoto/Japan
It's okay! I think it may be a difference in lifestyle. :) I had feelings similar to yours when I was riding transit (12 years!).

Many folks are heavily invested with both money and emotions in their machines, so if you see anyone taking it personally, that might be why.
I understand that. Different culture and life style. Here we have super fast bullet trains and a very wide spread public transportation system. I never really need a car. USA has much more "remote" areas so i guess thats a different story. And i understand the feeling. I love Snowboarding and if someone says bad about it i would get angry too.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I´m sorry if my post was seen as offensive because it was not meant that way. I just wanted say that i don´t need a car.
I didn't find your post as offensive so much as amusing and it reminded me of some of the pompous,jackassy things that Darious used to spew.I was almost expecting to see a few mentions of the finer points if living in Germany.

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
I need no car. Cars are for countries with bad infrastructure. ^^
Not to stir the pot...again but most Americans like having cars because we don't like being stuck on set schedules or paths. In a car you you can go whenever you want and nearly anywhere. Riding a bus or train involves walking to some degree. With a car it's only to your driveway or parking lot.

Chub_by

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2012
Europe
What catches my interest whenever I read one of these threads is how many Americans like to modify their cars. Although fast, expensive cars are sought after pretty much anywhere, most people outside of the US will just buy them that way. Or is it just the nature of MFK'ers that love anything DIY? I'd love to modify my car when I get one but sadly I suck at engineering, DIY and anything similar :(

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
....and while you're at it,isn't it true that there is not a lot of parking spaces in the major cities in Japan?The train system is probably an absolute necessity for much of the work force there as it seems as if the congestion is worse than NYC.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
What catches my interest whenever I read one of these threads is how many Americans like to modify their cars:(
I think that's mostly due to the those who are into racing,however large or small that segment of car owners is.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store