What kind of medication should I give?

nono

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2012
indonesia
Hi. I am sorry if I keep asking for help from you guys about my fish health. But I need some help from you guys again.

It is about my datz that I ask in previous thread that have a some kind of bump or nodule should I say. I havent give it any medication yet since I havent got any reply and I kinda afraid to take a risk. Back in 2 days ago or 3, the nodule turn into some kind of ulcer (I think). What should I do? My local fish store only sell acriflavine, malachite green, and methylene blue and my town dont have a single vet that specialize in fish. Which one should I pick? Or are there any human drug that can be used? I will post the picture of my datz below.

Thanks a lot and sorry for my20201105_122141.jpg time taking post

*Repost from previous thread for the initial condition: Currently I have one datz that is around 35 or almost 40 cm I guess. Not sure about the exaxt biological ages, but I think I kept it since 2011 or early 2012. The tank water parameter is always stable except for the pH. 7,3-7,5. No ammonia. 27 degree celcius. And 15 for nitrate scale. The tank is probably 50 gal. I know it is very small but I dont have any bigger tank since six years ago my datz bust out my 150 gal that he used to be in and I haven't got any money or space to repair or replace it.

Recently, under its eye, there is a bump that looks kinda like a nodule and also some kind of lesion on its dorsal fin. Usually I give it shrimp as a staple food or sometimes cricket. But for these past two months, it refused them and only accepting live fish. So I give it some livebearer fish like platys. I always change 30% if the water every 7 or 5 weeks depend on the water and fish condition*

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
I’d try the acriflavine.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator