Get Your MonsterFishKeepers Cap

Welcome to MonsterFishKeepers.com

The members of this forum have come together to share our knowledge and experiences of fish keeping. We want to answer your questions, offer advice and fill the galleries with pictures of the fish we have all grown to love.

We are a unique community of Fish Keepers who seriously take our hobby to extremes and the NEXT level. The majority of our fish collections include RARE & EXOTIC Species of all sizes, BIG FISH with BIG APPETITES and BIG TANKS. It's not easy for most people or other "regular" fish keepers to understand why we maintain this type of collection and spare no expense on this fascinating hobby.

Hopefully, through this site and discussion forums we can encourage the next generation of Monster Fish Keepers to have the same passion and love we have for the hobby and our Monster Fish .

As one of the founding members, I personally invite you to register and join us today. Currently you are viewing this site as our guest which only gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and photo galleries.

Registration is FREE and very easy! When you register, you'll have instant access to....

• • Post and participate in discussions about your passion for fish keeping
  • • Have your own Photo Gallery and the ability to upload your images
  • • View and comment on the gallery
  • • Participate in MFK contests, promotions, and discounts
  • • Use of private messaging to communicate with other community members

• We're constantly striving to improve our community to help make your Monster Fish Keeping hobby fulfilling and interesting. Comments are welcome.

WE ARE MONSTER FISH KEEPERS!

-MFK STAFF

What on earth is going on with the Flowerhorn and my tank? At a loss!

Discussion in 'Freshwater Diseases and Health Issues' started by Meeji90, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Meeji90

Meeji90 Gambusia

Yesterday at 8:03 AM
      I don't think there is a large single softwater fish that I know of to be honest..I don't want a community tank thats for sure. Something more personable.

Not much change today, slightly more active than yesterday. Not eating again. Sometimes casually floats against the bottom corner or up in the corners. Floats around the heaters too, but water temp is consistent 30 celcius all over the tank. Did catch him resting on the sand earlier and sort of shaking his booty against it. Then put some sand in his mouth then spat it out, probably just re-arranging the sand. Does swim about still so it's not just a constant sitting or floating around.

Water parameters still okay, apart from the GH which I am going to raise tomorrow. Lost some of his pearl too as you can see in the pics above. Poor guy.

2. skjl47

skjl47 Potamotrygon

Jeff
      Today at 3:17 AM
    3. Meeji90

Meeji90 Gambusia

A little bit more active today and back to eating. No improvement on the blemishes or anything else and did notice some brown poop with white around it.

4. Galantspeedz

Galantspeedz Aimara

Today at 2:49 AM
      Could it be a fader?

5. Meeji90

Meeji90 Gambusia

The best way I can describe it is close up it looks like sunburn peeling. Like a human would have. Probably my best description of it.

6. Meeji90

Meeji90 Gambusia

I may have sussed it!

Just went out for a couple hours, took the lid of the tank and opened the window a bit to circulate some fresh air. I come back and his fins are no longer clamped and he seems less lethargic! Either that or the crushed coral I put in today is making a difference. Tiny bit of progress but its progress never the less.

7. Meeji90

Meeji90 Gambusia

Hello folks, a little update on Jeff.

Basically I left him alone apart from feeding time. Last water change before today was last week. He is much more active, including biting me and trying to take a chunk of my finger during todays water change. He is eating more than ever, like he should be! So on that front, all seems good, now accepting almost any food too. I've never seen a fish with such an appetite. His poop is normal too. I added crushed coral after the water change last week, and the parameters have been stable since, including the gh and kh.

The only issue is with his color/scales. He has lost the majority of his pearl apart from a little on his kok and at his back end. His red looks awesome though especially near the front. It also looks like his hump has grew a little bit. The peeling/sunburn looking thing seems to have gone apart from at the base of his fins which looks like where it has stopped expanding. He does have a white patch on his tail. Not cotton like or anything just looks like a small patch changed colour. So I am still confused by this.

Overall, progress has been made and he seems alot more happier.