what sparked your poly love?!

DeCASpecOps

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 12, 2013
Us
Mine started at petsmart with a "dino bichir" aka senegal i later came to find out. I love the way they look like a throw back to pre-history. I do miss him a cae munched his slime coat and killed him. Niw that theres no more cae im gonna get an ornate or 5 :D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

mikee870

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2009
Philippines, Davao City
The senegal is always going to be a part of morgoth since he ate it Dr.Gonzo4. lol. I too have my eyes on ancient fishes I wanted a lungfish at first but when I saw a senegal in a petshop my life changed. since then I became addicted to polys. beblonde helped me a lot on my very first months of rearing my new found friend. Years had passed they still amaze me and a great conversation starter.

Shopko

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2007
Virginia
My first was a rope fish, E. calabricus. As a kid, I was not allowed to keep snakes. This was the closest I could get. Rope fish are much more active than most snakes, and their movement through the water & rocks got me hooked. Now that I'm older and married to a woman that does not like snakes, polys were the logical choice. I guess you do get attracted to people who are like your parents.lol.

Currently, I've got six role fish, an old Senegal, a poli, del, and a breeding pair of Ornates. Currently raising 5 ornate juv. Yes I'm hooked.

Feed mostly hikari sinking pellets offset with black worms or blood worms.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

yama

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2006
nashville
Agreed prehistoric creatures are of high interest to me. I started out as a reptile snake guy and when i jumped into fish my late hommie J'wan or fw lion showed me to the bichirs. I have been into them ever since. I almost lost me mind when my aqua log poly book arrived. Now I am on the hunt for a species poster of polypterus. I think they look like under water dragons.

Reactions: Jafar P Arab

yama

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2006
nashville
Koliba, Endie and congicus are me top fish right now Laps are a close third. Upper jaw Tegulsi, Ornates and Weeki are my top picks.

Reactions: Black Manta
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store