What type of channa is this?

Madou

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 22, 2013
Belgique
Channas are very forgiving in water changes, sub tropicals are anyway, because of their ability (and need) to breath air.
I have not kept Lucius, so I can't share experience, but they're sub-trop, so the care shouldn't differ. There is a sticky in these forums about all channas, and i'm sure Lucius is one of them! :)

Just know that the tank you have wouldn't be able to house a Lucius, or an arowana. At best, you'll have a year (TOPS) keeping a Lucius in there, granted you get him as a juvie.

141 liters is just enough for the dwarf species, but that's about it.

Reactions: Hendre

NeppDesu

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2017
Malaysia
Just know that the tank you have wouldn't be able to house a Lucius, or an arowana. At best, you'll have a year (TOPS) keeping a Lucius in there, granted you get him as a juvie.

141 liters is just enough for the dwarf species, but that's about it.
.... Wait. This guy is still a juvenile? Idk that. I do know lucius is not a dwarf species tho

Madou

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 22, 2013
Belgique
.... Wait. This guy is still a juvenile? Idk that. I do know lucius is not a dwarf species tho
Oh no, that one is most definitely not. ;)
it seems to be mostly adult tbh. Probably close to max size, hard to tell from the picture but markings seem pretty final.

What I mean is that if you were to get a juvie Lucius, you'd have at best a year in the tank you want for him as adult. ;)

Reactions: NeppDesu

NeppDesu

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2017
Malaysia
Oh no, that one is most definitely not. ;)
it seems to be mostly adult tbh. Probably close to max size, hard to tell from the picture but markings seem pretty final.

What I mean is that if you were to get a juvie Lucius, you'd have at best a year in the tank you want for him as adult. ;)
Oh, okay. I misunderstood it lol. I guess I'll go get some juveniles if I found some (sorry mother channa for catching your baby)

Madou

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 22, 2013
Belgique
Oh, okay. I misunderstood it lol. I guess I'll go get some juveniles if I found some (sorry mother channa for catching your baby)
I wish I could just catch them! ;D

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
We can catch them here, there's so many of these guy at my place. Some of my friend cast them for sport hahah
That's fun lol. I considered SH for a while, they are banned now :(

I can catch tigerfish here, just not in my area

NeppDesu

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2017
Malaysia
That's fun lol. I considered SH for a while, they are banned now :(

I can catch tigerfish here, just not in my area
Tigerfish??? Won't it break the line if we cast it? I mean, with all those sharp teeth. Or is there another method to catch it?

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Tigerfish??? Won't it break the line if we cast it? I mean, with all those sharp teeth. Or is there another method to catch it?
You can use a wire trace for them
I'm hopefully going fishing for these soon, sharptooth catfish.

Here's a pic

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store