What type of wolffish is this its supposed to be a wild blue aimara (variant) but nobody seems to know what sub species this guy is

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
So amapa is that basically a brazil point ?

Mybad if i keep erasing,im new to this my apologies
Yes,basically and aimara that are found in that area are said to have different coloring than specimen that are collected in other areas.

Dilly8374

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2023
Yes,basically and aimara that are found in that area are said to have different coloring than specimen that are collected in other areas.
Oh ok ,yeah these guys look like aimara ,i have two now , the eyes are nothing like malas or curi there like big round and higher ,like the aimara , nobody really knows what they are but supposedly there classified from brazil as a Aimara sub

Reactions: tlindsey

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Oh ok ,yeah these guys look like aimara ,i have two now , the eyes are nothing like malas or curi there like big round and higher ,like the aimara , nobody really knows what they are but supposedly there classified from brazil as a Aimara sub
Right,I don't doubt that they are aimara,I was merely offering a possible collection point of origin.....the aimara that you have may in fact be from the Amapa area.

Reactions: tlindsey

Dilly8374

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2023
Right,I don't doubt that they are aimara,I was merely offering a possible collection point of origin.....the aimara that you have may in fact be from the Amapa area.
Thank you ,its odd but 90 days ill give a update im gonna power feed em ,so we can see , wouldn't be surprised if there larcade

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Thank you ,its odd but 90 days ill give a update im gonna power feed em ,so we can see , wouldn't be surprised if there larcade
It does look like lacardae. Get some pics of under the jaw up close too.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Can’t see the pores in the pics but folds are right for lac. Will see it when it put on size.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store