What's everyone's top favorite fish? (for the moment at least)

FINWIN

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
You know I gotta agree. Love my pbass but oscars are #1. Cute little devils and a real dependable fish. In that I mean they are robust, don't mind water changes too much. Always love to greet anyone. When they are happy the tanks are so relaxing to watch.
Yeeup. My O is a sweetheart, a bully, stubborn, adorable, silly, ridiculous and frustrating all at the same time! :grinyes:

Will be posting again regularly when the tank is back up and running...seems like BRICK's done some more growing! I think everyone else has too. Chip looks like a Perch!

AaronKWolfe

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2019
I used to have a pike back in the day. Amazing fish to keep. Hunting methods were incredible to watch.
I used to have a pickerel and a walleye (separate tanks), I loved them but they were a pain to feed and take care of. The amount of food they ate was insane. The pickerel once ate 30 3-4 inch bluegills in a week.

Reactions: Lepisosteus

Oompa Loompa

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 6, 2016
Such a tough question. I want a tank with a RTGXB arowana and some nice black rays, mostly 1000 island BDs someday. I would probably stay disciplined and keep it at that, but adding a big ST dat and/or a lince catfish would be tough to not do. Same for a platinum gator gar, or piraiba. AUL too, and boesemani and snow leopards, and probably pearls too. See, this kind of rambling gets me off topic - just the aro and black rays.

It's pretty tough to choose between a top grade aro and a top grade black ray. In thinking though, if I could only have one tank - it would be for these:
uaru.jpg
Uaru are tough to beat. Such an interesting fish, and IMO the best looking cichlid available. So if I gotta choose just one... it's the uaru. But I can't do without the black rays and aros ;)
Could do without all the other fish on that list, but sure wouldn't hurt to have them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store