youtu.be
Yep, I'm 100% sure.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Mare was a 16 inch clown loach. She's very famous and you can find her on Google simply by searching "marge clown loach"
Here is a link to where her owner posted about her death. It showed her alive at 16 inches
https://forums.loaches.com/viewtopic.php?t=20527

Cardeater

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2018
There's a poster here and o other forums called "Redshark". He might have numbers in his screen name. He has 23 or 24 year old clown loaches that are huge. I have two loaches that are twenty years old. I had three till a few weeks ago when the medium sized one jumped out unbeknownst to me during a water change.

Mine were stunted probably from nitrates likely in the several hundred range when I did monthly 30-40% water changes before I knew better. The one that died was only about 6 inches. My smallest one isn't that much bigger than the loaches I got in May but his age shows from his faded colors.

My big alpha loaches is 2-2.5* bigger than my baby older loach. She is probably only 8 inches but she has height. She's probably twice as tall as my other old loach.

You can see some big ones at the store KGtropicals visits in this video from a few days ago. Its after his short bit in the car:

Here's a video from Aquarium Coop of Cory putting in 12" loaches:

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
while some can hit 12 inches in 3 years or less if they're given the right conditions.
Like hell they can. lol Not sure where you got that info from, but it's complete nonsense.

Clown loaches can grow at various stages, for various reasons, water quality, diet, hierarchy within the group, as well as sex of the loach. In general, dominant females tend to grow the fastest, and become the largest. Usually there will also be a runt within the group. The largest that I've seen in person were approx. 14", and as thick as my forearm. The LFS owner had them on display with his chilli red Asian aro, much like the pic above. He imported them at 10", and had them for 15 yrs before selling them for $450 CAD each.

Those giant loaches were raised in the same tap water values as all of mine over the years, pH 8.0-8.2

HTH

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
You just wait, I'll find where I got that from.

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
I have no idea, I'm not a loach person
Then fishhead, perhaps only advise on fish that you have kept, and actually have some knowledge about. I know where you got all this info that you are posting, big deal, I can read too - but as I pointed out in that past discussion that person was wrong. Dead wrong. Clown loaches don't go from zero to 12" in under 3 yrs, not even remotely close - and anyone who says they do has no idea what they speak of. Another classic example of why one shouldn't believe everything that they read on the internet. lol

DOOB

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 17, 2018
toronto canada
I wish clown loaches grew that fast LMAO I luv my clowns. tons of personality. I keep 2 in my exodon tank keeping the foor spotless. they play with the exodons.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store